Emerson Network Power is seeking a Director, Inventory Management for its Liebert products business in Columbus, OH.
The Director of Inventory Management establishes and executes strategies to optimize inventory turnover, customer service levels, and related logistics expenses. Manages Supply Chain Support Team of analysts and buyers in Manila, Philippines.
The ideal candidate has quantifiable and significant inventory improvement experience across several manufacturing plants through the use of best practices in a made-to-order manufacturing organization. Essential Functions
The position has essentially two broad categories of responsibilities, those associated with inventory management and those associated with the management of the Supply Chain Support Team in Manila. The essential functions are broken down as follows.
- Responsible for the attainment of the Division’s inventory goals (i.e., ITO and inventory costs).
- Work with the Materials Managers from each of the five plants to establish annual inventory goals and inventory improvement programs.
- Champion inventory and service level improvement initiatives.
- Revise inventory forecasts monthly.
- Drive and track progress against annual goals. Hold Materials Managers accountable to annual and monthly commitments.
- Report to Finance, Supply Chain Leadership, and Senior Leadership on inventory levels, reasons for variations from expected, and progress of improvement programs.
- Lead the annual physical inventory process across five plants.
Management of Supply Chain Support Team
- Establish department goals annually that tie to the broader goals and vision for the organization.
- Manage the team to ensure activities are aligned with departmental goals, metrics, and mission statement.
- Ensure that the quality of the work by the team meets, if not exceeds, the expectations of the business.
- Increase the productivity and impact of the team through improvement programs and initiatives.
- Monitor performance, provide regular feedback, and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Develop the team.
- Promote a positive working environment that enables and encourages teamwork and excellence.
- Manage departmental budget.
- Experience implementing organization-wide changes to improve inventory in a made-to-order manufacturing environment preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- CPSM, CPIM certifications preferred.
- Proven understanding of materials management and procurement concepts.
- Knowledge of and experience with best practices in inventory and materials management (e.g., Classification Methods (A,B,C,D), Safety Stock, Kanban, Consignment, etc.).
- Proven ability to implement and improve processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience and proficiency in presenting to and influencing senior leadership.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Culinet preferred.
- Bachelors in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related degree
- Ten years combined experience in Materials Management, Procurement, or Logistics in a Manufacturing environment.
- Three or more years of experience managing professionals.
- Three or more years of experience successfully managing inventory programs in excess of $25M.
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), delivers software, hardware and services that maximize availability, capacity and efficiency for data centers, healthcare and industrial facilities. At Emerson Network Power, we’ve built our capabilities on delivering reliable power, precision cooling, connectivity and embedded solutions that assure Business-Critical Continuity™ for your technology investments. Supported by a global network spread over 150 countries, backed by local service and support from more than 2,000 certified professionals, we are uniquely positioned to provide systems and integrated solutions wherever our customers are located. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com
for Company information. Why work with Emerson Network Power?
If you have talent, knowledge and experience — and want to work at a company that will value your abilities — it's time to learn more about what Emerson has to offer.
Emerson’s proven management model and track record of growth have extended the company’s legacy through the years with an ongoing commitment to invest in new technologies. For businesses around the world, the Emerson brand stands for the ability to get big things done, through global engineering, technology, industry expertise and customer focus. Whatever their challenge, they know that with Emerson by their side, they can 'Consider It Solved.'
to discover Emerson.
No calls or agencies please. The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson Network Power is an equal opportunity employer. It will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Emerson Network Power is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.