Directs and coordinates activities of maintenance supervisors and maintenance associates engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems in a 24/7 liquids/food processing facility. Responsible for productivity, quality of work, departmental safety, assisting in controlling costs and reducing waste in maintenance, and other assigned departments.
• Manages, coordinates and integrates the work actions of all supervisors, technicians and maintenance activities on utility systems (to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electric power, gas, or air required for operations) and production and processing equipment (optimizing uptime and minimizing downtime).
• Organizes and manages a maintenance staff to support 24/7 operation.
• Recruit, develop and retain technical expertise to maintain production and utility systems.
• Coaches and assists supervisors in executing short range planning as they supervise daily and weekly activities (both planned and unplanned) of maintenance technicians and contractors, ensuring timely completion and quality of work in a proactive manner.
• Provides direction and make tactical decisions while executing mid-range planning beyond weekly activities, as it relates to driving improvement and implementing programs related to maintenance optimization.
• Evaluates supervisors and technicians to determine opportunities for performance improvement and creates development plans.
• Assists with developing and maintaining engineering and maintenance standards.
• Oversees maintenance schedules and work orders and makes tactical decisions to optimize utilization of resources in alignment with equipment availability and plant priorities.
• Provides technical guidance and expertise, assisting and coaching Maintenance, Operations and QA associates on an ongoing basis. Identifies performance gaps and identifies and implements training plans.
• Tracks and evaluates maintenance performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), generating reports through Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in alignment with Maintenance Excellence initiatives.
• Ensures alignment of all maintenance associates and full compliance as it relates to the following initiatives: Maintenance Excellence, Management Operating System (MOS), Safe Quality Foods (SQF), 5S, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Process Safety Management (PSM)
• Ensures departmental/individual compliance with National, State, local building/mechanical/electrical codes; safety codes, OSHA regulations; fire codes; company's and customer's policies, procedures, and standards.
• Oversees daily operations of projects assigned to the department.
• Manages the development of long range planning in support of the company's, customer's and maintenance department's goals and objectives.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Creates and updates the preventive maintenance program for the facility and all equipment, assigns responsibility to appropriate staff, and keeps daily maintenance checklists on all equipment
• Plans for and coordinates the installation of new equipment and the removal or movement of current equipment; finds contractors as needed, reviews the contracts and monitors and approves contractors work
• Responsible for developing and monitoring the maintenance repair and capital improvement budgets
• Keeps equipment maintained and functioning to meet all production and quality requirements, to include reducing downtime, increasing output, and reducing energy costs
• Collaborate with the Production team and key employees to effectively plan for scheduled and unscheduled events to maximize time for rebuilds, repairs and preventative maintenance
• Consistently participate and follow the Plant’s Manufacturing Operating System, attend and contribute to daily and weekly meetings on a regular basis. Contribute to and support continuous improvement initiatives
• Effectively utilize enterprise planning tools to manage the department and maintenance activities
• Effectively lead the maintenance staff by coaching, development, communication, change management, delegating duties, and holding staff accountable. Create a team oriented environment which motivates staff and keeps employees engaged in their jobs, the Plant and the company
Provide emergency response for maintenance related issues for a 24 hour, 7 days a week operation
• Lead and ensure conduct of management operating system, continuous improvement and process excellence activities.
• Work with Continuous Improvement in identifying support needs, operating trends, opportunity areas and results.
• Responsible for accurate and timely downtime data collection, daily root cause analysis and correction action.
• Conduct daily, weekly, or monthly management reviews of operations and ongoing improvement initiatives as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree
• 7 to 10 years previous maintenance management experience required, preferably in a food/beverage manufacturing environment.
City of Industry, CA
4 Year Degree
7 to 10 years
Food, Consumer Products