Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in: Environmental, Facilities, Geotechnical, and Engineering Services.
Over its history, Terracon has achieved significant expansion through both internal growth and acquisitions. Terracon currently has more than 3,000 employees in 140 offices and 39 states nationwide. Terracon’s growth is due to dedicated employee owners who are responsive to clients, provide quality services, and take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace. By combining our national resources with specific local area expertise, we consistently overcome obstacles and deliver the results our clients expect.General Responsibilities:
An apprentice level project position requiring production and completion of projects in geotechnical engineering. Performs engineering calculations and developmental assignments involving the application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in routine to moderately complex tasks. Consults with other technical people and supervisor on less complex projects. Complex projects usually deferred to more senior professional level. Abides by technical policy/procedures for carrying out daily work assignments.Essential Functions and Duties:
- Develop plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed on assigned tasks to see that these items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice.
- Is technically involved in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects. Has limited client contact at staff level.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing field staff to sample, test, and collect data and/or document on-site activities at various client sites.
- Evaluates mostly routine laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports.
- Outlines the required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper of various alternative techniques to conduct site study in his/her field of expertise.
- Assists in compiling the scope of work for both routine and more complex lab or field investigations to measure and sample physical and non-physical properties of soil from a geotechnical, geological, or environmental standpoint or the analysis of construction materials.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.