Come work for an organization where everything matters.
The Community Relations Specialist will manage the Hospital’s community benefits program CBISA and coordinate community partnerships with community groups, local schools, government agencies, CHI constituents and churches. Position will report directly to the Director of Community Relations.
1. Draft letters on behalf of manager.
2. Perform light administrative duties such as taking minutes at community meetings.
3. Support the implementationof the Healthy Neighborhood, Healthy Families neighborhood initiative.
4. Gather information for department manager through cold-calling and online research.
5. Attend late evening and external meetings as needed.
6. Respond to inquiries regarding planning and development of community projects.
7. Assist in event and project planning.
8. Serve as liaison to internal Hospital departments and local communities
9. Communicate effectively both verbal and written.
10. Perform other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. B.A. and professional background in healthcare, public policy, communications, political science, and or city and regional planning is preferred.
2. Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to relate to all levels of hospital staff.
3. Must demonstrate a high degree of initiative, flexibility, organizational skills and creativity.
4. Ideal candidate is professional, courteous, and reliable.
5. Working knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint and miscellaneous other software packages.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Sitting (daily)
• Viewing computerized and written information and records (daily)
• Hand, finger, and wrist dexterity sufficient for typing and handling the PC’s mouse (daily); Speaking and listening in person and over the phone (daily)
• Walking to various areas of Children’s campus (frequently)
• Transportation to off-site locations
• Lifting paper and trash containers (maximum 15 lbs., two times per week)
• Bending, stooping to access filed checks and other filed information (occasionally)
• Lifting storage boxes to access records (rarely)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.