A Contract Corporate Paralegal Job is currently available via Special Counsel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This opportunity may be Contract to Hire for the right candidate. If you have at least 5 years of relevant experience, please continue reading. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a global Fortune 100 company. Competitive hourly rate!
Primary areas of responsibility include:
1. Entity management/corporate maintenance including drafting and filing corporate charter documents, merger documents and documentation for foreign qualifications and registrations in accordance with applicable law and company policies and practices.
2. Maintenance of web-based entity management system for the Americas (North and South America) region.
3. Drafting by-laws, resolutions, consents, and corporate maintenance documents, certificates and agreements.
4. Maintenance of minute books, certificates, ledgers and transfer instruments.
5. Support legal and business unit personnel, as needed (e.g. transactional; due diligence; audits; litigation responses).
6. Prepare and organize documents for and assist in closing corporate and commercial transactions including agreements, certificates, checklists and other documents.
7. Gain thorough knowledge of company policies, practices and organization as related to areas of responsibility.
8. Perform research; analyze results for decision-making and present synopsis.
9. Assist with Legal intranet site and other electronic tools used by the Legal Department. Support lawyers in the creation of legal tools and templates.
10. Project tasks and project management responsibilities, as assigned from time-to-time.
1. Minimum of 5 years of related work experience as a certified paralegal with a large law firm or corporate law department.
2. Bachelor’s degree required.
3. Paralegal certificate or degree required.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in corporate entity formation and management, including familiarity with wide-range of applicable laws.
5. Detail-oriented, self-motivated and analytical.
6. Demonstrated effective oral and written communication and organizational skills.
7. Strong organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
8. Must be able to multi-task, be flexible, and be able to prioritize and complete projects effectively and efficiently
9. Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products, entity management systems and database creation and maintenance.
10. Paralegal experience supporting international operations advantageous.
If you would like to learn more about the Contract Corporate Paralegal Job available via Special Counsel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, please apply below. Or, visit our website at www.specialcounsel.com to apply and view additional job opportunities. Please follow Special Counsel Chicago on Twitter @SCI_Chicago and me @MeganMajher.