Lead JAVA Developer
Armstrong Franklin is a full-service Professional IT Staffing & Solutions + Retained Executive Search firm providing solutions for employers throughout the US. Our diverse client base represents a wide range of industries, including Technology, Media, Financial Services, Professional Services, Energy, Manufacturing, Federal Services, Education and Non-Profit organizations. Our Sister Company, Gatti & Associates (http://www.gattihr.com/) focuses on Human Resources/Human Capital Management Retained Search Services. We currently have a great opportunity for a Lead JAVA Developer with one of our clients. Our Client is a Global Publicly traded multi-billion dollar per year Consumer Services and Products Company.
Due to continued growth within its Global Information Technology division, our client is seeking a Lead JAVA Developer. This Lead JAVA Developer will be responsible for overall design and build of services which will be used by all the client service developer community, define service guidelines (SOA), as well as influence governance and practices; a good understanding of Java best practices including a background using cutting edge back end technologies ranging from Lucene/Solr to Hadoop will be integral for this position . The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on expereince working with Apache SOLR & Lucene; and Oracle PL/SQL for the creation of triggers, stored procedures and functions
THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON, DC; AUSTIN, TX; AND/OR SAN FRANCISCO, CA METRO AREA. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED TO SELECTED CANDIDATE. BASE SALARY UPTO $160K BASE + BONUS + RELOCATION PACKAGE. THERE WILL BE NO WORK AND/OR VISA SPONSORSHIP OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION
WE’RE AN EXECUTIVE IT SOLUTIONS & RETAINED SEARCH FIRM AND NEED “NO' ASSISTANCE IN FILLING ANY OF OUR ROLES.
As a Lead JAVA Developer for the Global Information Technology division, your duties will include but limited to:
- Drives world-class design and development of Java services, integration, ESB, reference implementations using standards and guidelines that support high volumes, are fast, simple, reliable, distributed, and easy to extend and maintain.
- Design, implement and unit test server-side JEE/Java code
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Work with Operations and IT teams to help support production environments.
- Develop streamlined services using Java (Restful, SOAP based) and potentially other languages
- Improve interoperability and increase agility of your systems and services
- Works with architects to ensure designs align with overall SOA, application architecture standards and practices.
- Supports standards and practices with technical and business partners as needed.
- Write and review technical specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
Do you have what it takes to excel in this exciting and challenging management role? We’re looking for a skilled Lead Java Developer with effective leadership skills and strong problem solving ablities. If that's you, then we want to talk with you!