ASM is a growing company in the dynamic semiconductor industry. ASM America's corporate office is located in Phoenix, AZ. Our Global Training Center is also located in Phoenix, AZ. We offer competitive pay and a competitive benefits package. Our benefits package offers health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, educational assistance, fitness reimbursement and 401(k) with employer match. ASM is a public company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Symbol: ASMI. ASM America is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for our Phoenix office. The primary functions of the position are:
- Responsible for manufacturing engineering support, cost reduction ideas through product process enhancement, works with suppliers to identify process/product efficiencies that will reduce overall costs, develops appropriate product specifications to achieve required function at minimum cost,
- Serves as the technical representative of the manufacturing engineering organization on projects and programs. Provides guidance to other members of the technical staff on special projects and may function in a project leadership role. Must be a self-starter with ability to take on complex assignments with some general guidance.
- Apply sound engineering principles, product specifications and research data to create designs for systems and products for semiconductor industry.
- Participate in material review of discrepant product.
- Resolve manufacturing stoppages in a timely manner.
- Create work instructions and test procedures for new product options and new product lines. In this regards, close work with Program Management required to execute the required PCP tasks
- Determine feasibility of product proposals, resolve problems based on technical inputs and develop new designs based on the same, maintaining product design safety criteria.
- Prepare product/system designs and related engineering documentation for the manufacturing and testing of prototype and production released products. The documentation shall be complete, be easy to follow and reflect a level of accuracy surpassing customer’s expectations.
- Provide guidance and engineering direction in finalization of specifications, designs, fabrication techniques and test protocols. This entails report generation, schedule creation and maintenance, design reviews and extensive inter departmental coordination.
- Promote teamwork, satisfy customer requirements and maintain schedules, while following budgetary constraints.
- Provide assistance in establishing product configuration and structures on new products and features in both development and manufacturing environments.
- Participate in and hold some design reviews for unique customer driven specials, for changes implementing product enhancements and other new designs prior to their release to production.
- Develop cost reduction projects and equipment improvement projects in conjunction with technical staff, managers and manufacturing groups. Support development and testing of associated hardware to verify performance objectives. Create test plans, verify and approve test procedures, and develop and maintain reliability data and records on all evaluations performed.
- Interface with other organizations on new product updates when ready for production release and ensure a smooth transition of the product into manufacturing cycle.
- Evaluate ECRs for possible incorporation and generate ECOs as assigned. This applies to standard product lines and customer specific orders.
- Work with Manufacturing, Production Control, Purchasing, Machine Shop, QA & Inspection, Marketing, Sales, Test and Spare to support shipments of capital equipment, retrofits and spares.
- Travel to international technical meetings and to customer sites to participate in technical discussions defining special customer requirements and product configurations.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally – willingness to engage in extended international assignment is preferred.
BS or MS degree in mechanical engineering or related degree(s) preferred. Background courses in chemistry, physics, mechanical design thermodynamics, fluid/flow, statistics and dynamic systems analysis desirable.
Six to ten years of experience in engineering, manufacturing and cost reduction through product process enhancement. Includes work with suppliers to identify process/product efficiencies to reduce overall costs, and also the development of appropriate product specifications to achieve manufacturing requirements, preferably of ASM Atomic Layer Deposition Equipment.
Broad knowledge of manufacturing equipment, processes, and assembly techniques. Experience in engineering change control process, bills of material, and an understanding of forward/backward compatibility of component parts.
Ability to design, develop and integrate system level mechanical features and functions, including configuration control aspects to support manufacturing, preferably of ASM ALD equipment.
Ability to direct/work with a diverse group of people to achieve requirements and specifications on complex projects.
Should be knowledgeable in the requirements of CE, NFPA, Semi S2-95 and other relevant standards as applicable to semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
Ability to create, check, review and analyzes mechanical designs, test procedures and equipment specifications.
Capability to provide and maintain resource schedules/planning/coordinating and reporting activities. This includes interfacing with other organizations and outside vendors on resource requirements.
Good and effective communications skills.
Understanding of materials; metals, plastics, quartz ware, graphite heat transfer, surface coatings and surface finishes.
Computer background in Microsoft applications, inventory management (MRP) & AutoCAD 12/13 – Pro/E knowledge preferred.
Proficiency in ANSI Y14.5 including geometric tolerancing