ASM is a growing company in the dynamic semiconductor industry. ASM America's corporate office is located in Phoenix, AZ. Our Global Training Center is also located in Phoenix, AZ. We offer competitive pay and a competitive benefits package. Our benefits package offers health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, educational assistance, fitness reimbursement and 401(k) with employer match.
ASM is a public company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Symbol: ASMI.
ASM America is currently seeking a Manager Engineering for our Phoenix, AZ office.
BS/MS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or similar Engineering or a combination of education and experience commensurate with semiconductor capital equipment development.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with proven track record to drive and implement changes to benefit the organization
• Minimal 8-12 years of experience working in a manufacturing or engineering environment. 5 years in Managerial/Supervisory role.
• Experience in working and interfacing with cross functional teams. Demonstrated ability to influence cross functional organization and drive changes.
• Prior experience in implementing Lean concepts through manufacturing engineering; Modular assemblies, Feeder lines, Off-line assemblies and flow line.
• Familiar with the following operational excellence tools but not limited to; Lean manufacturing, FMEA, 8D, PDCA, Problem solving, Microsoft project, six sigma, and ROI.
• Preferred experience within the Semiconductor/Capital Equipment industry in Manufacturing, Quality and/or engineering roles in equipment assembly, test.
• Strong understanding of bill of material structure and revision changes and how it affects manufacturing and procurement
• A strong understanding of quality processes and best practices
• Ability to relate Engineering changes in equipment to the semiconductor process, specifically on CVD / ALD processes.
• Experience with SAP and/or major ERP/MRP systems and processes
• Knowledge of new product introduction systems, processes and standards
• Experience in managing multiple projects using project management skills and tools
• Exhibits effective leadership, analytical thinking; able to coach, mentor and counsel; committed to drive teams to meet business goals.
• Strong written, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent business acumen, maturity, credibility and intelligence
• Driven personality with discipline of ownership of responsibilities and independence
• Strong influencer to upkeep the team towards positive thinking
• Attention to detail
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and administering overall Global Manufacturing Engineering Strategy and Execution
• Able to engage with different functions to execute the Engineering organization’s strategies seamlessly
• Manage manufacturing engineering team with emphasis on cost reduction, cycle time & lead time reduction, material flow, quality improvements, and manufacturing methods & processes
• Lead team to define and create manufacturing and quality documentation (i.e. work instructions, test procedures, inspection checklists, etc.)
• Manage timely execution of Engineering Change Orders (ECO). Influence peer group to make the Engineering change beneficial for effective and productive outcome
• Manage tooling and test equipment requirements. Innovation in implementing tooling and test equipment to manufacturing efficiency and customer quality
• Drive implementation and compliance of Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRRs) as part of the Product Life Cycle process
• Sets goals and objectives for the Engineering team to achieve the business goals by leading the team effectively and efficiently
• Innovative in implementing change in the business process to deliver excellence and value add from the Engineering team
• Ability to influence and buy-in of cost reduction, DFM, DFE strategies with the internal partners including the Business Units (BUs)
• Constantly engage Field support and BUs to build the capability of the Engineering team on the equipment and process knowledge of ASM equipment.
• Generate and maintain employee development and training plans
• Drive solutions to problems/opportunities within the Internal Factory and at Contract Manufacturing Outsource Partners
• Drive continuous improvement within the Internal Factory and at Contract Manufacturing Outsource Partners
• Ability to leverage the best practices between Contract manufacturers (CM) and between internal manufacturing to CMs
• Ability to develop CMs to fit into ASM’s manufacturing flow model