Sales Associate - Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Broad River Furniture d/b/a Ashley Furniture HomeStore is looking to hire strong Sales Associates at our showroom in Pineville, NC!
At Ashley Furniture HomeStore, we are looking for people who care about their customers and are passionate about delivering an excellent buying experience through quality products and services. We are seeking individuals with strong sales backgrounds, who are self-motivated, energized and customer service oriented. If you?re a fashion forward, passionate, relentless and professional individual with strong interpersonal skills, we highly suggest you apply!
In our fast-paced, professionally decorated showrooms, your primary purpose will be selling furniture and home decor products to our guests. We are devoted to helping individuals and families create something fresh and new in their homes. Furthermore, we are looking to sell the full design experience, not just furniture. Candidates of all skill levels and abilities encouraged to apply.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Greet guests upon arriving in our retail showroom and learn the motivation for their visit
- Guide guests through the showroom and provide them with a comprehensive explanation of the showroom?s merchandise, including accessories and bedding products
- Recommend items based on a guest?s home furnishing needs and budget
- Achieve monthly sales numbers by really getting to know each guest and developing long-term relationships with them
- Perform a large number of prospecting calls each week
- Review financing and warranty options for all purchased items
- Market new sales and special sales events
- Maintain showroom appearance and cleanliness as directed by management
- Other duties assigned
We offer a Fantastic Benefits and Compensation Program!
- Generous, competitive full commission pay structure and bonus plan, with uncapped earnings potential
- Guaranteed income during first 2-3 months of employment
- Self-directed, blended learning program consisting of on-the-job training segments, computer based training modules and classroom training
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, including dependant coverage Flexible PTO plan
- Recognition and reward programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- And a host of other excellent benefits!
- Standing/walking for extending periods of time
- Repetitive bending and squatting
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
While prior sales, customer service, and/or retail furniture experience are highly desired, you do not need them to be successful in this role. We will get you ramped up and ready to win! We do, however, look at the following:
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced, "high customer expectation" environment, such as sales, serving in food and beverage, and hotels or hospitality
- Entrepreneurial and team oriented
- Coachable and self-directed learner who is always willing to learn
- High energy "people person" who is relentless in pleasing the customer
- Professional, driven, positive, resilient, and achievement-focused
- Detailed, strong follow up and follow through: excellent time-management
- Experience with prospecting customers and building business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Great listening ability
- Enjoys and can work some evenings and all weekends as part of a flexible and accommodating full-time 40+ hour per week work schedule
- Experience with MS Office and other point of sale systems
- High school diploma is required
sales, retail, furniture, customer service, commission, leader, design, producer, consultant, interior design, shoes, shoe sales, food, beverage, wait staff, waiter, waitress, server, bartender