Bachelors Degree or equivalent. Minimum of 5 years experience with AT&T or a similar telecommunications company.
Generalized Technology Knowledge:
1. A good working knowledge of the major network components (Transport, routers LAN switches, PBXs, firewalls, caching, accelerators, ISP, IPT, etc.), how these devices fit into the networks, the relationship and dependencies among these devices, the major steps required to install these devices, and the installation sequencing required when multiple technologies are being deployed (transformed) into a client’s network.
2. A good working knowledge (experience) of what information is required to manage (from a LCM & GCSC iGEMS perspective) for each of the technologies such as, inventory elements; 3rd party vendor information; site level information and contacts; out of hours access procedures; workflows and processes; documented network standards; service levels; billing / invoicing; etc.
Program Planning and Project Management experience:
1. Program planning looks across the entire scope of services and plans the overall approach for moving management responsibility from the client’s organization into AT&T responsibility. This includes developing the approach / plan for the migration of this responsibility such as a ramp-up / ramp-down migration; a series of flash-cut dates; a big-bang flash cut; etc.
2. Project Management skills are required to make sure that the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is clearly laid-out for each workstream, that the Tasks are defined to levels 5~7, and that the dependencies between workstreams is clearly understood.
Microsoft Office Products:
1. At minimum, intermediate level skills and knowledge with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, and Visio.
Writing and communications skills:
1. Ability to clearly articulate (verbally & written) program and project plans to a wide knowledge variety of clients, work team members, & executives.
Ability to travel as required. This includes being on client sites for 5 ~ 30 consecutive days, and the real possibility of international travel – passport is required.
Ability to work long consecutive hours (10-16 hours) over multiple days when we have client deliverable deadlines. This includes weekends and holidays as required to meet client deadlines.