Novation has won awards for our focus on ethics, leadership, diversity, technology and environmental initiatives in our industry, made the great places to work list and works hard to “be green” in our practices and our offices. In 2013, the health care customers Novation serves used our contracts to purchase $49 billion in products and services and we continue to grow. Additionally, we help lower costs for America's hospitals. Since 2009, we have driven approximately $1.4 billion in savings from price improvements for our customers. We offer a culture that likes to promote from within and we have a tremendous benefits package. Join our team to help improve the healthcare costs and quality for providers across the country.
SR ANALYST - Purchased Services
Location: Irving, TX
The Senior Analyst is responsible for identifying and quantifying cost reduction opportunities for Purchased Services through customized partnership agreements. The candidate must be able to perform cross-functional duties that include all critical, hands-on activities involved in auditing, reviewing, problem resolution and reporting of data. This position requires collaboration with subject matter experts, analysts and managers to resolve data and production issues and ensure quality of processes. This job demands the capability to meet rigorous deadlines, balance multiple priorities to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Primary responsibilities include detailed data, contract and market analysis for health system Purchased Services categories
- Data Analysis includes, but is not limited to: Analyze current product usage & cost against member contracts through data mining, cross-referencing, and applying pricing to Purchase Order or other line item data that is submitted by the member
- Market Based Analysis would include, but is not limited to: the creation and management of Request For Proposal data collection, aggregation, and analysis tools to manage supplier candidates for health system sourcing activities
- Contract Analysis includes, but is not limited to: detailed review of terms, conditions, and pricing within health system contracts
- Market Analysis research includes, but is not limited to: researching market and contracted suppliers, developing an understanding of pricing trends and cost drivers in certain fields, and identifying additional areas health systems can manage their annual spend
- Analyst will assist management in the production of consulting deliverables through detailed understanding of MS Office Suite
- MS Office responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Designs and creation of tables, charts, graphs, and reports to support findings and develop recommendations to management
- Create analytical reports: detail, line items analysis reports, high-level directional reports, market share reports, and project tracking reports/dashboards
- Analyst will be required to interpret trends in data and anticipate impact based on project requirements
- Analyst will have multiple concurrent projects and will be required to customize studies or results to address complex dynamics related to each
- Position will require compilation and consolidation of data from multiple sources and analysis based on reconciled dataset
- Communicate savings and cost reduction initiatives to a variety of audiences, including Novation contracting staff, field account teams, member executives and supplier through spreadsheet documents, presentations, meeting participation and one-on-one conversations
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Finance, Statistics, Business, or Supply Chain Management; Masters or relevant advanced degree, a plus.
- Must have 4 years relevant experience in healthcare supply chain, contracting, or procurement
- Strong analytical, database and spreadsheet skills
- Competence with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Competence in project management, business acumen, technical skills and professional communication skills
- High level of attention to detail, flexibility, and customer service orientation
- Detail oriented with ability to apply logical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and respond timely to ad hoc requests
- Self-motivated with accountability and ownership of work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill to interact with teammates, as well as internal and external clients
- Process Improvement skills a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.