CenturyLink Technology Solutions, which operated as Savvis until Jan. 21, 2014, delivers innovative managed services for global businesses on virtual, dedicated and colocation platforms. With deep IT infrastructure experience and an advanced network at the foundation, CenturyLink Technology Solutions services are enhanced by flexible automation and customization choices, enabling enterprises to focus on business results and advancements for their customers. CenturyLink Technology Solutions accolades include being named the No. 2 retail colocation provider by Synergy Research Group and Frost & Sullivan and earning cloud and managed hosting leadership recognition from leading industry analyst firms.
CenturyLink Technology Solutions is an operating segment within CenturyLink, an S&P 500 company listed among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
The CenturyLink Technology Solutions (CTS) Senior Manager, Broker Relations
We hire those who display our values, have deep expertise in serving clients and are passionate about advances in the IT space. We look for people who have a motivational commitment to excellence, offer a personal approach to service, enjoy a challenge and are dedicated to pursuing growth and learning.
Purpose of Position:
Real estate brokers represent over 75% of the Fortune 2000 companies for their general real estate solutions. The brokers are now leading hundreds of Colocation searches for their clients on a yearly basis. In the past only the very largest wholesale Colocation deals of 1MW and above were led by real estate brokers. Now brokers are leading deals from 20kW – 500kW. Over 100MW of deals are now broker-led each year.
10 different real estate firms have brokers that focus all or most of their time on the data center industry including over 200 individual brokers in all the major Colocation Markets in the US, EMEA and Asia. These brokers need high-touch interaction in order to inform and cultivate the relationship between CTS and the brokers and bring Colocation deals to the company.
The CenturyLink Technology Solutions Senior Manager of Broker Relations reports to the Director of Broker Relations. The role is accountable for driving revenue growth for the $600+MM global colocation business through developing and cultivating new and existing relationships with real estate brokers that focus on the data center industry. The Senior Manager will be key to creating the indirect Broker channel within CTS by using non-direct sales channel compensated resources to support, sell, quote and close broker-led Colo deals.
The Senior Manager of Broker Relations works collaboratively with the leadership of the colocation product management, data center operations, CTL deal desk and pricing & offer development.
- Drive short term and long term colocation revenue growth through indirect broker channel
- Generate colocation leads from broker-lead deals
- Develop deep relationships with all 200+ data center focused brokers in the US, EMEA & Asia
- Feed and nurture relationship through regular phone and in-person contact directly with each broker group including the Senior and Executive VP’s of the firms
- Hold regular events with main broker groups to educate brokers on CTS Colo and other product solutions
- Partner with Colocation Sales team & Colocation Product Management to support and close broker lead deals
- Attend industry events where concentrations of brokers will be present
- Partner with Indirect Channel SE to provide technical support necessary during broker deals
- Work with Pricing and Offer development to obtain broker commission agreement; this will include financial analysis to determine appropriate commission percentage for brokers
- Work with Pricing to be able to present best pricing for broker deals
- Negotiate best broker commission agreement with brokers
- Present regular dashboard of broker results to executive management
- Be aware and clear any internal channel conflicts with direct sales related to broker program