CapTech was formed as the result of a friendship between the company's founders—Sandy Williamson and Slaughter Fitz-Hugh—that began while both were employed at Andersen Consulting in Washington, D.C. Eventually, each would leave the company to pursue other opportunities, but they stayed in touch. In March of 1997, the two found themselves back in their shared hometown—Richmond, Virginia—and this close proximity led to the creation of CapTech Ventures, Inc., an exceptional business partnership.
The company has been successful from the very beginning, growing from $380,000 in revenue the first year to millions today. Always a privately held company, CapTech has thrived without the support of outside investors funding. Through partnership with clients and by providing exceptional service, CapTech has continued to grow and build on its successes. Now a full-service information technology consultancy and the largest private IT-focused comp any headquartered in the region, CapTech performs services for a diverse and growing client base.
Founded in 1997, CapTech Ventures is a private mid-sized consulting firm that designs and builds information systems. The driving force behind our success is the close relationship that we develop with our clients, getting to know their businesses and the vision that guides them.
We have ranked in the Top 10 for two consecutive years as one of Consulting Magazine's 'Best Firms to Work For'. This year we're proud to place #1 in Employee Morale and #2 for IT Consulting Service Line. CapTech was honored to be named AMCF’s 2012 Consulting Project of the Year for Customer Engagement.
Over the years, we have also been recognized by Inc. 5000, Ernst and Young, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Greater Richmond Partnership, United Way, RichTech and numerous other organizations for our steady growth and positive impact on the communities we serve. We are expanding our client base both geographically and across industry lines and are recruiting, retaining and nourishing a highly skilled workforce.
At CapTech, we strive to balance intense, mission-critical consulting with fun and camaraderie. In addition to regular corporate functions and events, we support softball, baseball, biking and running teams. Managers also organize smaller outings for their functional teams such as Segway tours, a deep-sea fishing trip and cooking classes. We also have a long history of supporting philanthropic and economic development activities. We greatly prefer to promote from within and provide many training and development opportunities to help our people grow their skills across the board. Our company founders and executive team are easily accessible within our open communication environment because we value employee ideas and input, and our collaborative team-centered work methods help us build off of each others’ success.
Additional benefits of CapTech include:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term disability
- Long-Term disability
- Company provided life insurance plus option to purchase additional for self and family
- Long - Term care Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care costs
- Option for company paid cell phone plan or personal cell phone plan reimbursement
- Paid Time Off with no required allocation for holidays, sick days, etc.
- Training opportunities through vast internal training programs including CapTech University
- Training and Certifications eligible for expense reimbursement (highly encouraged)
- Education reimbursement option
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
- Collaborative work environment allowing you to learn from your peers
- The best deserves the best - CapTech consultants utilize cutting edge hardware and software to provide our clients with worry free solutions
As a Business Intelligence Solution Developer you will be wear a variety of different hats as you develop business intelligence for our clients using leading business intelligence tools. You will be responsible for the design, development, documentation and quality assurance of the product you produce. Your duties will evolve over the life of the project as you lead the development of business intelligence solution and apply your analytical and problem-solving skills to the various issues that arise.
Your specific duties as a Business Intelligence Solution Developer will include:
- Meeting with your business users to gather requirements
- Designing and developing business Intelligence Solutions
- Coordinating with Data Architecture, modeling and integration resources the changes required to facilitate the business intelligence solution
- Testing and debugging code
- Working with end users and development staff to ensure that business intelligence solutions are consistent with approved architectural standards
- Ensuring that Quality Assurance testing is executed before releasing enhancements for user acceptance testing
- Conducting performance tuning ensuring efficient operations and maximizing resources to provide the best results for our clients
As a Business Intelligence Solution Developer you must have demonstrated experience, education and credentials as well as familiarity and ability to work at all levels of the development process. You must also have strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a team. It is also vital to your role as a Business Intelligence Solution Developer that you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and that you can present documentation and designs and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner to team members as well as individuals at all levels of the client’s organization. You must also have a solid foundation in data management and data governance.
Specific qualifications for the Business Intelligence Solution Developer position will include:
- Specific qualifications for the Business Intelligence Solution Developer position will include:Experience on large scale Business Intelligence projects
- More than two years of Report development experience using a major Business Intelligence tool
- Experience with Dashboard design and development experience
- Experience using software development methodologies (SDLC)
- Ability to teach and perform knowledge transfer
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and answer user questions
- Team player, with strong emphasis on knowledge sharing
Bachelors degree preferred.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
bodyRendered = new Date().getTime();
lastOnload = new Date().getTime();