SCRUM MASTER - CONTRACT - ATLANTA, GAScrum Master Job Summary:
Apollo is the internal code name for our strategic customer experience portal. The portal implementation is part of a multi-year, multi-phase roll out and represents a key element of the direct and partnerships technology vision.
This role is part of the team that will be developing, supporting and maintaining this platform. It is a multi-skilled team comprising of the business and technology skills covering the complete software delivery lifecycle.
This role leads the team in order to overcome the various challenges that arise in a fast moving Agile environment whilst ensuring that the team are empowered and continually improving the platform.
The Scrum master will be responsible for managing application change on the Apollo platform; from development all the way through to live support and incorporating further phases of delivery into the team. They will be the “go to' person for everything relating to change in the platform. Over time, the role is expected to expand to the management of multiple teams in a “Scrum of scrums' configuration.
• Day-to-day management of the technology change cycle
• Coach and support colleagues in new processes and ways of working
• Detailed delivery planning for each sprint
• Primary point of contact for the Delivery Team
• Facilitation of release and iteration planning and business prioritisation sessions
• Facilitation of daily “stand up' meetings with the Delivery Team
• Removing technical blockers to ensure the team are as efficient as possible
• Facilitation of iteration retrospectives
• Identification, prioritisation and delivery of tangible process improvements in each cycle (continuous improvement)
• Ensure technical dependencies in release are understood and managed
• Builds relationships with key stakeholders and actively manage expectations
• Proactive management of internal and external assumptions and dependencies
• Ensure reporting is provided to stakeholders (status, risks and issues, blockers etc.)
• Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the delivery
• Adhere to Hiscox change governance and delivery standards