Intake Admission Specialist
The Intake Admission Specialist communicates with referral sources, staff, and community resources in transitioning patients to being receiving home care services. The Intake Admission Specialist represents ASHN and builds positive working relationships. The Intake Admission Specialist is a knowledgeable resource for patients and staff members.
As an organization, we strive to succeed in the critical success factors listed below. Every team member contributes to the overall goals as shown in the performance outcomes.
This is a Monday-Friday position 8:45AM-5:45PM.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Patient/Customer Satisfaction – to exceed the national average in publically reported patient satisfaction
- Quality Outcomes - dedication to process excellence and best-in class in readmission rate
- Financial and System Growth – to operate in a fiscally responsible manner
Outcome 1: Patients have a timely, smooth transition to begin receiving home care services.
Critical Success Factors: Patient/Customer Satisfaction, Financial and System Growth
Responsibilities to Achieve Outcome 1:
- Processes all daily patient referral and intake operations including all intake processes and policies
Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract providers
- Communicates with multiple service providers to coordinate care
- Follows up with patients in regards to Start of Care (SOC) & services being provided to measure satisfaction
- Responsible for referral related phone calls
- Calls physician to obtain orders when needed
- Follows up and reports delay stages, non-admits, and any other SOC issues
Outcome 2: ASHN is well represented among referral sources and community resources.
Critical Success Factors: Patient/Customer Satisfaction, Quality Outcomes
Responsibilities to Achieve Outcome 2:
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources
- Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of the Company as a high quality provider of services
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by the Company
- Provides communication and support to Community Educators and or Community Liaisons referral sources and clients
Outcome 3: Compliance with all federal, state, and agency rules and regulations.
Critical Success Factors: Quality Outcomes, Financial and System Growth
Responsibilities to Achieve Outcome 3:
- Understands and practices agency policies and procedures
- Stays current with CMS guidelines
- Performs workflow and data reporting in accordance with CMS guidelines
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal referral/intake regulatory requirements
- Answers overflow phone calls
- Maintains incoming faxes via fax server
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree and/or two years of experience in the healthcare field with one year in home care; or combination thereof. Familiar with medical terminology. Knowledge of governmental regulations and private payer practices.
Interpersonal/Customer Service Skills: Ability to create positive impressions and communicate with a variety of people. Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with customers and the community. Personable and courteous working relationships. Excellent negotiation and public relation skills.
Organizational Skills: Observant and detail oriented. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Ability to track and input data.
Cooperation/Teamwork Skills: Ability to follow directions and work as a team member. Communicates effectively with team members.
Health Requirements: Employee must be free of physical/medical conditions that would limit or restrict their ability to perform the job functions listed below. Bloodborne Exposure risk is none.