Industry leading $1B manufacturing/distribution company has an opening for a Senior Accountant.
Position is an addition to staff. Position is unique in that there is a real mix of accounting and finance duties and offers a good work/life balance.
Company prefers candidates local to the Southern California area with at least 3 years experience preferable with a background in public accounting.
The position has heavy interaction with executives, so the right candidate will be polished, confident , and be a strong communicator.
With a high degree of autonomy, this position is responsible for various tasks in the financial reporting group including, but not limited to,
· Helping to prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and related M.D.&A. in compliance with SEC requirements,
· Helping to support and maintain our internal controls over the financial reporting process,
· Helping to support the audit process, and
· Helping with other general accounting areas that are under the financial reporting group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Prepare and analyze financial statements for certain locations, joint ventures and corporate and operating departments, investigating and reporting on significant items and anomalies.
- Analyze assigned general ledger accounts tracking detail as needed and making corrections, and investigating and reporting on significant items.
- Prepare summary, supporting and reporting schedules for general ledger accounts and financial transactions.
- Account for, consistent with U.S. GAAP, and prepare necessary documentation as needed, for various business transactions:
- Other business
- Prepare reconciliations between general ledger accounts and various internal and external sources.
- Help prepare department documenting including documenting job function and preparing internal training guides.
- Help operational and corporate managers manage corporate functions:
- Accounting for transactions per contract or established business rules
- Monitoring critical accounts for trends or unusual activity
- Preparing related schedules and reports
- Prepare work papers to support audit and otherwise support audit as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets.
- Create and maintain organizational structure and processes, including related documentation, files, work papers and support.
- Assist with other general ledger related functions and special projects as needed or requested.
Supervisory Responsibilities (see examples below)
§ Assist the manager with the leadership supervision of the group, with possible direct reports based on circumstances.