Liberty Healthcare has partnered with the State of California and the City of Riverside, CA to start a Treatment Program to provide services for Restoration of Competency to individuals found by the courts to be Incompetent to Stand Trial (IST).
The mission of the IST Treatment Program is to minimize the need and waiting periods for State Hospitals forensic mental health beds by delivering timely court-mandated forensic assessments, psychiatric stabilization, and restoration of competency to PC 1370 IST individuals in county jails.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Evaluate patients for symptoms of mental disorders and behavioral problems, including mental status examination and psychosocial history, and develop multi-axis diagnoses.
2) Perform comprehensive psychological evaluations on all admissions.
3) Administer psychological testing and assessment instruments.
4) Based on need, the psychologist uses neuropsychological testing to clarify specific areas of cognitive deficit for a given patient.
5) Deliver cognitive-behavioral treatment and psychoeducation to individuals and groups.
6) Provide leadership in reviewing and integrating assessment information from multidisciplinary team and to guide individualized treatment planning. Describe patients’ behavioral progress/regression in treatment.
7) Provide on-call emergency consultation coverage as needed. Contribute or take a leadership role in staff meetings, case conferences, case presentations, and training activities.
8) Provide training and consultation to treatment and correctional/security staff on psychological methods and procedures for use with patients in forensic and correctional settings.
9) Refer clients to necessary psychiatric and medical services or other specialized care as needed.
10) Provide court testimony as needed regarding individual patient participation and response to treatment program. Provide clinical support and backup to other clinical staff as needed.
11) Perform administrative duties including preparing reports, attending staff meetings, and providing technical assistance.
12) Document clinical services per policy and procedure.
13) Serve as primary therapist to assigned residents.
14) Perform other duties (not outlined above) as assigned.
Liberty Healthcare offers:
Generous paid time off
Full comprehensive benefits package
Work with a highly qualified Treatment Team of Professionals
For consideration send resume to Carol Wertley via CareerBuilders.com EOE