Senior Piping Design Checker
Senior Piping Design Checker
Conestoga-Rovers & Associates (CRA) is a highly successful multi-disciplinary firm with over 90 offices located worldwide and more than 3,000 employees; we offer engineering design and construction services to oil & gas clients in the refining, petro-chemicals, and pipeline industries.
If you’re driven, fast track your future here!
Integrity, accountability, technical excellence and a commitment to superior client service are all part of our renowned world wide reputation. Put your skills and imagination to work with an innovative organization that will provide you with exciting challenges and exceptional rewards.
We are seeking a Senior Piping Design Checker for our Houston, TX office to assist our Engineering team. The main function of this position is verification of designer drawings and models to project requirements and industry standards. This is a leadership position within the department which operates with minimum supervision and instruction.
- Performs technical design drawing reviews for compliance in accordance with client standards
- Responsible for performing senior level design and checking activities as well as directing other designers and drafters
- Reviews all designer drawings including layouts and section views ensuring accurate BOM’s, callouts, and dimensions
- Coordinate design activities with other applicable team members working on other portions of the project
- Assure timely return of Client review/approval of work
- Reviews dimensions and ensures components are dimensioned adequately to minimize tolerance stack-ups
- Maintain EHS focus and priority
- Verifies value engineered alternatives are incorporated into design drawings
- Attends model reviews per department processes
- When requested, prepare or assist the Project Engineer in preparation of project closeout documentation
- A lead designer/checker in package/plant designs and layouts with broad knowledge of technical applications, maintenance, operation, and clearance constraints of structural, mechanical, controls, and electrical equipment systems
- A self-starter and proficient designer/checker, with experience in mechanical, electrical, structural, and controls systems
- 8+ years of 3D piping design experience
- Understanding of design and drafting practices using 3D modeling software
- High School diploma; Associates Degree in a technical discipline or 3D/CAD is preferred
- Familiar with petro-chemical plant safety policies and procedures
- Self-starter and highly motivated, with minimum supervision
- A commitment to continuous process improvement
- Strong organizational and communication skills needed for client interface and design team involvement
- Ability to multi-task, and a willingness to quickly change work assignments
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment
- Experience with midstream oil & gas projects helpful
To learn more about why CRA is the perfect place to bring your career check out our website www.craworld.com
No phone calls please and no third party firms. This position does not offer visa sponsorship
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ABOUT CONESTOGA-ROVERS & ASSOCIATES
Welcome to CRAworld, the website home of the CRA Family of Companies. We invite you to fully explore the features and content of our website. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a line.
The CRA Family of Companies includes Conestoga-Rovers & Associates and several other entities working together seamlessly on projects around the world. The CRA Family consists of 3,000 people working in over 90 offices in Canada, the United States, Argentina, Brasil, Colombia, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Read more about the members of the CRA Family.