Job Title: Director of Campus Life
The Director of Campus Life is responsible for providing a creative and student-centered atmosphere across campus and within the student center. Programming is critical in developing student involvement and increasing student retention. The successful candidate is a student advocate and oversees the advisors to student organizations, in particular Student Government Association and Student Activity Association. They will also coordinate new student orientation, homecoming and other campus events. The Director of Campus life is directly responsible to the Associate Vice President for Student Life/Dean of Students and will assist in the administrative responsibilities of the Student Life department.
- Coordinate student activities and campus programming
- Oversee the Office of Campus Life
- Administrative liaison to Student Foundation, SGA and Greek Life
- Plan new student orientation
- Organize Homecoming and Family Weekend
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Vice President for Student Life/Dean of Students
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
- At least 3 years of related experience in higher education
- Effective interpersonal skills and rapport with students, faculty and staff
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and willing to work irregular hours
- Highly developed organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic competency with Microsoft Office.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
To apply, submit a letter of application, detailed resume and complete contact information for three (3) professional references to: Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, 100 College St., Winfield, KS, 67156 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
. Review of applicants will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an AA/EOE employer.
Source - Wichita Eagle