Manufacturing Instructor, (PT Evenings) - 1314F16
Location: Lakewood, WA
Salary: Credit equivalent
Position Schedule: Part Time
Hours: 20.00 / Week
Opening Date: 5/28/2014 Closing date: Until Filled (Subject to close without notice, when a sufficient applicant pool has been established) TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST GO TO www.cptc.edu Employment pageSUMMARY:
Manufacturing Instructor - Fundamental Skills for Manufacturing and Engineering (FSME) Certificate of Completion
Clover Park Technical College (CPTC) is seeking a highly-skilled and motivated instructor to develop and teach a new certificate program in Manufacturing.
The certificate is designed as a general introduction to manufacturing including quality management principles such as Lean; workshop safety; use of basic hand and power tools; blueprint-reading and interpretation; and precision measurement. It will be taught to technical college students, veterans and transitioning servicemen, workers in retraining programs, and also as part of an “Introduction to Manufacturing” certificate to students in the Northwest Career and Technical High School (NWCTHS) – a high school collocated on the CPTC campus.
Topics that the instructor will teach include:
1. Occupational safety and health for workers in manufacturing and engineering workshop environments.
2. Foundational measurement, data analysis, and documentation skills.
3. Interpretation of manufacturing drawings and schematics
4. How to take measurements and analyze data.
5. Quality principles and terminology used in industry.
6. Basic workshop skills needed to fabricate parts and structures.
7. Properties of common materials used in manufacturing.
8. An introduction to more advanced manufacturing and engineering fabrication techniques including welding, the use of machine tools, composites, and electrical wiring.
The instructor will be expected to develop a state-of-the-art curriculum that meets local industry needs and aligns with industry credentials (where available); to teach classes in both face-to-face and hybrid delivery formats; to recruit students into the program; and to assist students in gaining employment upon completion. View Job Details & apply at www.cptc.edu
Source - The News Tribune, Tacoma WA