Back Office Shift:
Bachelor of Science Nursing
CA RN License
More than 3 years of experience required
HEALTHCARE PARTNERS MEDICAL GROUP, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners, Inc. (DVA: NYSE), is a top-rated Southern-California medical group and is widely recognized for its achievements in clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Since 1992, HealthCare Partners has been committed to developing innovative models of healthcare delivery that improve patients' quality of life while containing healthcare costs. HealthCare Partners manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in Arizona, California, Nevada, Florida and New Mexico. As of Sept. 30, 2013, HealthCare Partners provides integrated care management for approximately 760,000 managed care patients. - Read More -
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita HealthCare Partners may be the employer for you.
HealthCare Partners may be the employer for you. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse 3:
Responsible for providing professional nursing care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients under the supervision of a clinician or Registered Nurse. Delegates tasks as needed to professionals and para-professional employees. Coordinates activities and works closely with clinicians and staff to maintain efficient department functions and ensures successful operation of the department. Responsible for performing operational duties as required under the supervision of the site administrator or designee.
• Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
• Works as a Registered Nurse primarily in the Urgent Care Center (UCC), Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) or specialty department.
• Performs comprehensive nursing assessments.
• Performs specialized procedures within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
• Participates as a Code Blue responder to emergencies within the site.
• Performs additional leadership duties including Nurse Educator and/or Telephone Advice Nurse.
• Obtains, interprets, records and reports vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure), height, weight, and other pertinent patient information to clinician.
• Prepares patient for examination and other procedures.
• Develops an appropriate nursing care plan.
• Implements a plan of care by performing nursing interventions and assisting with procedures.
• Instructs patient on procedural preparations.
• Administers medication and other therapeutic modalities within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
• Collects labels and transports various specimens to appropriate destinations.
• Performs patient and family teaching.
• Maintains clinical standards outlined in the clinical operations policies and procedures manual. Identifies deficiencies and recommends changes.
• Documents and maintains records of medical and nursing procedures utilizing CIS.
• Ensures adequate levels of supplies are maintained.
• Ensures that all equipment is maintained.
• Performs telephone screening and advice under the direction of clinician.
• Directs patients to appropriate levels of care and authorizes outside services.
• Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of refills as ordered by clinician.
• Participates in educational programs to enhance nursing knowledge.
• Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times.
• Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
Ability to assume Charge Nurse role (as assigned by Nursing management):
• Serves as the “floor leader” and supervises the patient flow as well as the daily nursing activities in the UCC or ASC department.
• Coordinates with clinicians and staff to plan daily work assignments according to staff abilities, patient flow and procedures.
• Coordinates break schedules and responsible for handling sick calls.
• Ensures that all abnormal reports are communicated to clinicians.
• Ensures appropriate steps for narcotic count and reconciliation.
• Ensures bio-hazardous materials are disposed of in accordance to regulatory guidelines.
• Ensures all daily quality control tests and logs are maintained.
• Assists nursing supervisor by ensuring compliance for certifications, competencies and compliance measures.
• Assists nursing supervisor with annual evaluations of staff and competency validation.
• Participates in quality improvement projects including HCC and P4P.
• Serves as CIS specialist.
• Assists in orientation of new staff, TSU and registry employees.
• Supports and participates in company wide initiatives (i.e. patient satisfaction goals).
• Serves as backup for staff as needed.