Security Monitor (Security)
Job Description:A world of opportunities awaits you!Security Officers
, isn’t it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenge you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are a world leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits and a diversified range of employment. With GEO, there’s no telling how far you’ll go. Now’s the time to start your journey!
Security Monitor (Security) Job Responsibilities:
With your background in security operations as our Security Guard, you will prepare shift documentation (including shift reports, work orders, security reports and unusual incidents) in a legible and concise manner that meets facility standards and contracting agency requirements. You will also ensure that the equipment necessary for each watch (including radios, flashlights and keys) is operational prior to relieving the watch.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Receiving necessary information from previous shift personnel pertaining to events that transpired during the shift such as resident medical problems, disciplinary problems or new arrivals and any special instructions; relieving the watch and informing necessary personnel that the watch has been relieved
- Making entries into the log showing the time the watch was relieved noting name and title; conducting radio checks documenting results in the log
- Conducting facility counts at the prescribed times and ensuring the logbooks in the buildings are accurate as to count
- Engaging in frequent patrols through-out the building to observe and listen to individual residents and groups of residents and monitoring the state of the building; examples of activities include smelling for marijuana, listening to conversations or ensuring doors and windows are properly secured
- Ensuring that the building picture board has a picture of all residents assigned to the building and that the picture is in the proper bed slot
- Organizing and supervising resident work details to assist in maintaining facility cleanliness to ensure that facility meets facility’s and contracting agency requirements
- Performing activities on both a scheduled and random basis including urinalysis testing, pat downs, shakedowns, counts or breath tests, to maintain control and safety of the residents and facility
- Documenting disciplinary action for rule violations according to procedure to comply with contracting agency requirements and log accordingly
- Conducting scheduled and impromptu cleanliness checks of the facility and resident’s personal belonging to maintain it in an orderly and clean fashion to meet health and environmental requirements; this includes all rooms within the facility and residents’ personal belongings
- Other duties as required
As a Security Officer, you must be highly organized with a strong work ethic and the flexibility to perform a wide range of duties. You will also need to be able to learn supervisory techniques and motivate others effectively. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain positive relations with staff and residents. If this describes you, apply today!
Additional requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of general work experience
- Ability to work with computers and the applicable software typically used by the facility
- Experience in a related field, preferred
Security Officer (Security) Benefits:
You will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today! Compensation:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Not ready to Apply?
About Geo Group
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a world leader of government outsourced services specializing in the delivery of correctional and detention management, medical and mental health rehabilitation services, family and youth services, and other diversified services to federal, state and local government agencies around the globe.
GEO's success around the world has been achieved by our highly-trained work force. We employ over 18,000 professionals within our facilities, regional, international, and corporate offices. Our highly skilled professionals manage approximately 77,500 beds at 98 correctional, detention and residential treatment facilities.
With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative programs and ground-breaking treatment approaches.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Read what employees have to say about working at Geo Group:
"My career at GEO began in January 1995. I am a 17-year veteran at GEO where I have had the opportunity of working almost every post on every shift. I have enjoyed working various positions throughout my career."
Penny, Correctional Officer
"GEO has given me great training. I have confidence that I can move up and make this a lifetime career. I feel there are no limits with this company."
Melissa, Receiving & Release Officer
"Forensic nursing creates unlimited opportunities for evidence-based practice and patient advocacy. It challenges your psychiatric skills."
Darlene, Registered Nurse
"As an Officer, I was given many opportunities to work various positions. My overall career and experience at GEO has been a very rewarding one for me."
Curtis, Administrative Captain
"My career at GEO began in November 1997, and I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for the opportunities the company has given me. My overall career for the past 14 years has been a great experience."