The University of Pikeville is seeking applications for an experienced Controller to handle all aspects of fiscal management. The successful candidate will have previous demonstrated experience handling Controller responsibilities. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a collegiate environment and should be comfortable working with Deans, Vice Presidents, and The President of the University.
As the Controller for The University of Pikeville, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing the coordination and implementation of new enhancements within the financial, budget, and student modules of the Ellucian ERP.
- Overseeing all financial reporting for the University to fulfill requirements for internal and external reporting bodies, including generating financial statements for the university and managing the annual audit.
- Supervising of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions which will include transaction approvals, problem resolution and process design.
- Management of overall fixed asset accounting and inventory management; working with the Contracts and Procurement Manager to ensure assets are adequately recorded and accounted for.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions for the University of Pikeville are accurately recorded in accordance with FASB, GAAP, and other relevant guidance.
- Overseeing the accounting operations, including general ledger, GAAP accounting, and balance sheet analysis & reconciliation and accounts receivable management.
- Overseeing maintenance of the chart of accounts and approves the addition of new accounts to general ledger, approves all journal entries, and approves reconciliation of all subsidiary journals and ledgers.
- Coordinating with external auditors for financial and A-133 audit, prepare annual financial statements and supplemental schedules for audit, and prepares schedule of Federal Financial Expenditures for A-133 audit.
- Assisting in developing and implementing Internal Control policies and procedures.
- Maintaining records/reports on earnings and valuations of all investments including pooled investments and other endowed/non-endowed funds.
- Managing the cash assets of the institution including all bank accounts and credit card accounts.
- Supervises the monthly reconciliation of all accounts and publish monthly interim (unaudited) statements.
- Coordinating with the Financial Aid department in the preparation of the FISAP on a timely basis.
- Coordinating with the Directors of various programs in order to insure accurate and complete reports and compliance with federal, state, and sponsoring agency regulations.
- Serving as administrator of G5 online accounts to draw federal monies. Facilitating draws on line of credit.
- Interpreting fiscal, university, and state policies to ensure compliance.
- Maintaining relationships with bank officials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have the ability to work with minimal supervision, solve problems, and follow University policies and procedures. This position requires expertise in core financial administration, including strategic planning, capital development and innovation. Supervisor experience, excellent communication, leadership and keen decision making are all necessary.
This position requires a minimum of five years' experience working with financial aid and knowledge of FASB accounting rules. A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
The successful candidate will also be mature, flexible and self-motivated. A high degree of moral and personal integrity is required and an unquestionable honest work ethic is mandatory.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b) retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, & dependent care accounts. UPIKE also offers a generous holiday schedule and paid leave program.
UPIKE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, age, color, disability or genetic information. UPIKE also encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Interested candidates should apply by going to apps.upike.edu/jobs/.
Source - Lexington Herald Leader