>> Byrd Regional Hospital
Employee Type :
>>Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type :
Required Education :
>> Not Specified
Required Experience :
>> Not Specified
Surgical Technician/OR Technician
"All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin".
The Surgical Technician assists in operations, under the supervision of surgeons, RNs or other surgical personnel. May help set up operating room, prepare and transport patients for surgery, adjust lights and equipment, pass instruments and other supplies to surgeons and surgeon's assistants, hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments. Also will be responsible for assisting in the care of patients under the direction of an RN or LPN in the Surgical Department.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of an Accredited Surgical Technologist Program
- Prefer one to two years of experience of training involving both on-the-job experience and information training with experience workers.
- Able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards under the supervision of an RN.
- Emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Exhibit proficiency in patient care and oral communication skills.
- Current CPR/BLS required
- Certified Surgical Tech Preferred
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.