ZOLL LifeVest, a Pittsburgh-based subsidiary of ZOLL Medical Corporation, develops, manufactures and markets a wearable defibrillator for persons with Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) risk in the United States and Europe. The LifeVest is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), providing protection during their changing condition and while permanent SCA risk has not been established.
The LifeVest allows a patient’s physician time to assess their long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans. The LifeVest is lightweight and easy to wear, allowing patients to return to their activities of daily living, while having the peace of mind that they are protected from SCA. The LifeVest continuously monitors the patient’s heart and, if a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal heart rhythm.
The LifeVest is used for a wide range of patient conditions or situations, including following a heart attack, before or after bypass surgery or stent placement, as well as for those with cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure that places them at particular risk. The LifeVest is covered by most health plans in the United States, including commercial, state, and federal plans.
The Web Applications Engineer will serve as a member of a team that is responsible for the maintenance and development of several web applications. The Web Applications team is responsible for all aspects of the applications including database, UI, and middle tier development. Projects are executed utilizing an Agile development process to ensure that we are meeting the needs of the product stakeholders
- Write SQL queries and reports to extract and manipulate data from multiple relational databases.
- Develop data structure to support new functionality.
- Develop modules to integrate data between in-house and third party systems.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business processes and deliver effective solutions.
- Meet deadlines for individual and team projects.
- Ensure quality and scalability of code.
- Create prototypes and maintain supporting documentation.
- Respond quickly to resolve application issues.
- Mentor other team members on proper coding and design practices.
- Design application architecture for development efficiency and scalability.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.