* 5+ years experience developing multi-layered web
applications for business, of which 3 years were at the senior/architect level
* Strong background in object-oriented architectures and
proven experience in using design patterns, UML, Object Oriented analysis and
* Experience architecting and documenting complex large scale
systems incorporating packaged and custom applications, open-source frameworks,
and integrating with other systems
* Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially in a complex
* Strong experience in architecting Web based Java
applications is required.
* Experience in core Java and JEE custom-software development
(Servlets, JavaBeans, JSP, EJB, etc.).
* Experience working with Web and application servers
WebSphere, Jboss, Tomcat and Apache.
* XML technologies * XML, Schemas, SAX, DOM, XSLT, Xquery,
XMLBeans, JDOM, XHTML, AJAX.
JSF, JQuery, etc.)
* Application design tools/framework - Struts, Spring, Ant,
Maven, Eclipse, etc.
* Expertise with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
* Knowledge of Software Development Best practices
* Knowledge of Modern Software Development Processes (RUP, XP,
* Design and development with use cases
* Experience with automated testing systems.
* Experience with various code versioning systems such as
* Experience with DB2 is a plus