Morningside Ministries @ the Manor
Assist the pharmacist by performing a wide range of clerical, administrative, and technical duties. Communicates with staff, residents, family members, physician’s offices, drug manufactures, and wholesalers.
1. Enters new and refill prescription information into pharmacy computer system;
2. Maintains pharmacy records including but not limited to inventory, billing, Medicaid, and Medicare;
3. Orders and receives pharmacy stock and other supplies using electronic or on-line order entry devices;
4. Updates prices, inventory, lot numbers, expiration dates, etc., in the computer system
5. Delivers filled medication orders to residents of Morningside Manor, The Meadow Apartments, and Cottages, and Chandler Estates and Apartments;
6. Stocks and cleans shelves;
7. Answers the phone, provides information to caller or refers calls to pharmacist as appropriate;
8. Furnishes information to other departments and practitioners’ office as appropriate;
9. Under the direct supervision of a registered :
a. Prepares prescription labels from prescriptions or drug orders using computer;
b. Enters prescription data into the computer system to include all patient demographic data;
c. Retrieves stock bottle from shelf for a prescription
d. Prepares and packages prescription orders including counting tablets/capsules, measuring
liquids and placing in Rx vials, bottles, or blister packs using heat sealer.
e. Reconstitutes powdered medications to liquid measuring the appropriate type and volume of
f. Initiates and receives refill authorization requests from parishioners’ offices;
g. Affixes labels to final medication container including appropriate auxiliary labels;
h. Arranges for C-II prescription forms from providers office.
10. Picks up drugs from supplier if needed on short notice using automobile, or schedules pick up using deliver service if feasible;
11. Attends mandatory in-service training programs;
12. Totals checks and payroll deduction forms and forwards to the appropriate office with necessary documentation; and
13. Checks drugs for expiration dates.