The Community Service Assistant develops and supervises community service projects in conjunction with the Community Service Liaison. This position oversees all aspects of client supervision including safety and security of clients and the community during community service projects.
Wheeler Clinic fosters positive change in the lives of individuals and families, as well as in communities. We provide cutting-edge human services that address a diverse range of needs and backgrounds, enhance strengths and provide the supports that encourage recovery from challenges for a satisfying life in the community.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on Verizon Wireless services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In conjunction with the Statewide Community Service Liaison develops community contacts and identifies and completes community service projects.
Models work ethic and motivational approaches by working alongside clients and staff while maintaining a professional, positive work environment.
Completes and documents weekly safety check of the community service van.
Maintains inventory of community service equipment.
Maintains documentation standards and tracking systems as required.
Operates as part of a team by providing program coverage for client services (including urinalysis) that may be outside of typical work schedule. This includes but is not limited to overtime and additional evening or weekend shifts.
Continues to develop knowledge and understanding about the history, traditions, values, family systems, and artistic expression of groups served as well as uses appropriate methodological approaches, skills, and techniques that reflect an understanding of culture.