Concentric Healthcare Solutions is a leader in the healthcare recruiting and staffing industry, specializing in healthcare employment with an emphasis in Nursing, Allied Health and Radiology Staffing. Concentric exhibits a passion for partnering with our clients to become an integral part of their staffing solution.
Concentric Healthcare Solutions is currently looking for BOTH Local (to Phoenix area) and Travel Echo and Vascular Technologists for TEMP-TO-PERM, PRN opportunities, and Travel assignments in Arizona and other parts of the country.
- The current open positions require very independent and experienced Echo-Vascular Technologists who have significant experience (more than 2 yrs) in both Echo and Vascular studies, and RDCS/RVT registered applicants only.
Forward your Resume immediately as these positions will be filled quickly! [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Echo Occupational Summary
-Performs all cardiac ultrasound imaging for adult and pediatric patients in accordance with departmental protocols. This includes M-mode, 2D, Doppler, and color Doppler flow. Appropriately records images and performs measurements and calculations in accordance with departmental protocols.
-Assists physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac and peripheral vascular disease and cardiac arrhythmias in an invasive procedure arena, specializing in the care of patients undergoing:
- Basic diagnostic catheterization procedures on adult patients with known and suspected congenital and acquired cardiac and peripheral vascular disease.
- Basic interventional procedures which may include any of the following: PTCA, stent prep and placement, IABP placement and operation
- Operation of the physiologic and radiographic equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain high standards to achieve quality patient care.
- Keep critical skills current.
- Patient interaction:
- Patient transportation, good communication and evaluation of patient status during the procedure, provide age and gender specific care, prep access site according to lab standard practice, and perform EKG lead placement, blood pressure and pulse oximetry setup for hemodynamic monitoring.
Procedural requirements: Room preparation and breakdown to include fluid preparation with accurate drug concentrations, stocking rooms, narcotic counts, daily QC checks, radiographic, hemodynamic and computer setup, and room cleanup Prepare sterile procedure tray and patient sterile field appropriately for specified procedure type
- Observe occupational and radiation safety regulations (wearing badges, lead aprons, goggles, gloves)
- Acquire and accurately document pertinent patient data on encounter form and enter into hemodynamic and X-ray systems.
- Function in all roles rotating during the day as defined:
- Room circulator- Patient interaction, monitoring/vital signs and procedural documentation, setup equipment such as IABP, power injector, temporary pacer, biopsy, and sterile equipment/catheters/balloons/wires handoffs, running blood oximetry for cardiac output; Assist MD with EP Diagnostic and Mapping systems which includes Carto, EPMed and ESI.
- Scrub- Maintain sterile procedure, infectious control, observe all fluid patency of catheters, balloons and manifolds, assist according to physician direction
- Monitor- Functions in the control room operating the X-ray Equipment and hemodynamic monitoring equipment, reporting EKG, blood pressure, heart rate, pulse ox changes, recording hemodynamic pressures accordingly, scan pertinent patient and procedural information into hemodynamic system, assist with X-ray equipment and transfer images to digital archive.
Vascular Occupational Summary
Perform a variety of hemodynamic evaluations to detect obstructions, as directed by a physician or in response to previous test results, including: carotid duplex ultrasound imaging, arterial duplex imaging, venous duplex imaging, and doppler ultrasound, plethysmography, pressure measurements, and other methodologies to evaluate patients suspected of having peripheral vascular disease. Provide excellent service to our patients along with a written preliminary interpretation and impression of test results that are complete and accurate. Record and maintain test data.
- Assess patient’s condition/information and determine the appropriateness of procedures to be performed as required by the Intersociety Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories and to establish medical necessity as mandated by HCFA.
- Evaluate patients for the presence or absence, severity and location of peripheral vascular disease by selecting the most effective procedure(s) from an array of anatomic, hemodynamic and physiologic procedures including duplex scanning, plethysmography, doppler ultrasound, pressure measurements and active or passive hyperemic challenge.
- Record test results and report the results to the physician upon completion of testing. Document and prepare patient records for review and interpretation by physician, including the selection, recording, cross-referencing of significant or representative studies. Prepare a complete and accurate written report for subsequent review and signature of the medical director or his/her designee.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients, employees, and related activities. Participate in quality improvement activities: evaluate procedure results for technical quality and accuracy; maintain appropriate logs, files, and records.
- Maintain equipment to assure conformance with specific operational standards. Maintain equipment in working order, making minor adjustments and repairs, perform routine cleaning and preventive maintenance, report any equipment malfunction to supervisor. Develop and implement quality assurance programs relating to calibration and maintenance of equipment. Coordinate maintenance personnel, cleaning services, and vendor visits. Develop safety, training courses for equipment operators.
- Maintain all necessary supplies (ordering and stocking). Maintain certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support procedures and be able to respond to emergencies.
- Instruct and train students, nurses, or other allied health personnel as requested regarding the capabilities and limitations of the methodologies, the optimal utilization of tests, and the interpretation of the procedures.
- Assure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.