The Internal Auditor-Finance is responsible for planning, performing and reporting auditing activities in various Business Units of the Company. The Internal Auditor-Finance will perform auditing activities and audits that are designed to examine and evaluate the adequacy of the Company’s internal control structure with regards to the accuracy and completeness of reporting and adherence to Company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Performs defined audit procedures to test internal controls and compliance with Company policy, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Provides feedback and input during the planning phase of an audit on the scope of Internal Audit testing based upon an understanding of business and accounting processes, the specific and changing needs of the area to be audited, and the risks and business practices of the Company.
• Coordinates audit activity and actively communicates status and results to the audit team, the Internal Audit project manager and the Internal Audit functional managers.
• Clearly and concisely documents audit test procedures, results and findings by updating the auditing database in a timely manner, maintaining accurate records of the audit work performed, audit findings and observations, management responses, response due dates and the status of management’s corrective actions.
• Identifies, assesses and reports on exceptions to compliance with Company policy, procedures, standards and guidelines and weaknesses in internal controls.
• Discusses audit results with management in both written and verbal formats and recommends corrective actions.
• Develops on-going positive relationships with business units, corporate management and audit team members.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.