Our client is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar Director of Plant Operations role.
1) Ensure that all quality standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded by driving continuous process and manufacturing improvements
2) Ensure company's regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, HAACP, USDA and FDA
3) Maintain production schedules or production orders to drive decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, budget considerations and plant operational flow
4) Monitor the execution of the master production schedule identifying potential issues
5) Analyze root causes to provide solutions in a timely fashion
6) Maintain a daily presence throughout the day to observe supervisor and employee performance ensuring good work and safety habits are followed
7) Recommend procedures to enhance department processes, source and specify equipment purchases and modify existing plant operations as needed
8) Investigate production problems as they occur and analyze root causes to provide solutions
9) Develop and implement tracking procedures for quality control, analyzing production, systems, maintenance and labor utilization
10) Analyze material usage, scrap and waste and develop improvement plans to reduce each
11) Serve as a contact for external inspections relating to plant operations, food safety, or regulatory compliance
12) Maintain Safety and Sanitation Standards according to company's specifications and stay in compliance with federal, state and local regulations
13) Interact with customers with respect to product quality issues or quality improvement initiatives
14) Drive collaboration with R&D and Marketing in the product development area to ensure plant capabilities and production feasibility are understood and addressed
15) Implement annual review and planning process for manufacturing in co-ordination with current business planning cycle
16) Motivate, recruit and develop key employees
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Food Jobs, Beverage Jobs, Food Careers, Meat, Dairy, Baked Goods, CPG, Bakery, Beef, Vegetable, Fruit, Snacks, Cream, Cheese, Ingredients, Wine, Candy, Confectionery, Bread, Bagel, Nutraceutical, Kraft, Grocery, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality Assurance, QA, QC, Sanitation, Logistics, Maintenance, Engineering, Engineer, Food Science, Beverage Careers, Food Manufacturing, Food Processing, Food Science, Restaurant, Fresh Produce, Organic Foods, Food Industry, Beverage Industry, Frozen Dessert, Frozen Food