Rackspace® (NYSE: RAX) is the global leader in hybrid cloud and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Hundreds of thousands of customers look to Rackspace to deliver the best-fit infrastructure for their IT needs, leveraging a product portfolio that allows workloads to run where they perform best—whether on the public cloud, private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of platforms. The company's award-winning Fanatical Support® helps customers successfully architect, deploy, and run their most critical applications. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Rackspace operates data centers on four continents. Rackspace is featured on Fortune's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Overview & Responsibilities
Rackspace is looking to hire an exceptional Director of Network Architecture to own and drive network strategies to meet the future needs of our customers and product teams. This individual will have the vision and expertise required to lead a high performing team of network architects, ensuring world-class performance, availability and uptime for our cloud and hybrid network infrastructure.
The Rackspace networking team is responsible for delivering the highest levels of customer experience for our current customers while at the same time being extremely innovative with technologies and tools that will push our capabilities into the future. Rackspace network engineers work on a wide range of projects that have a significant impact on the company,s ability to provide Fanatical Support and serve our customers.our network architect initiatives from strategic development to implementation. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high growth business in a key strategic role.
- Oversees architects performing network design, testing, and troubleshooting of network facilities
- Engages in and encourages out of the box thinking and innovative thinking and use of technologies
- Assists in the design and implementation of new products, services, and technologies
- Acts as a liaison between management and engineers for key or urgent issues
- Keeps managers informed of schedules, priorities, and problems
- Supervises activities of staff (i.e. trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary)
- Determines deficiencies in processes and/or procedures and evaluates, proposes and implements solutions
- Collaborates with peers to ensure uniformity of teams
- Ensures proper documentation of all processes and procedures
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A strong background in network engineering and network operations
- Ability to command the intellectual respect of network architects as well as business and product owners
- Advanced knowledge in designing, testing, scaling, troubleshooting, and analyzing network facilities
- High level of knowledge of the company,s products and network infrastructure and environments
- Knowledge of technologies such as Ethernet, IPv4/6, STP, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups
- Bachelor,s degree in computer science or a relevant field required. At the manager,s discretion, additional equivalent experience and relevant technical certifications may substitute for the degree requirement
- Requires a minimum of six years of experience in network operations and/or engineering
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rackspace is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Already a Racker? Head to our Racker Portal to log in with SSO.
Apply for this job
Refer a friend to this job
Not ready to apply? Connect with us.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
San Antonio, TX
4 Year Degree
At least 6 year(s)
Computer Hardware, Computer Software