Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 26,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked # 17 in Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014 and marking our fifth straight year in the list's Top 50, we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented IT Audit Manager for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Purpose of Job:
The Senior Auditor develops and independently performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution for risk-based
assurance and advisory engagements in the field of business operations, finance, compliance and/or information technology. Maintains a high degree of business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact. Possesses comprehensive audit, business, and/or information technology knowledge. Mentors junior staff auditors on audit excellence, to include theory and application of audit and/or business/information technology techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Executes and may lead audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan. Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Independently performs (and at times, prepares, reviews and leads) special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards. 4. Mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn. Conducts fact finding interviews with client management.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related observations (business issues) and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Supports the development of the departmental annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or six years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business experience.
- 7 to 10+ Years experience conducting IT Audits
- Strong background in Authentication, Mobile Computing, Cybersecurity, and Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience leveraging analytical tools
- Financial services experience within large complex organization.
- Masters degree in a related discipline
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFSA (Certified Financial Services Auditor) or other relevant business designation.
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, business and information technology risks and/or audit techniques
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment for relevant industry
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including electronic workpapers
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.