1. Work under the direction of a Registered Nurse who develops the Care Plan that
the CNA will follow.
2. CNA is supervised by RN in accordance with Federal and State Regulations and
3. Provide assistance to patients with activities of daily living (ADL) to include but
not limited to: dressing, undressing, bathing, eating, and toileting, in accordance
with the Plan of Care.
4. Collect various body fluids/specimens as directed and documents findings if
5. May take vital signs as directed and report any changes to immediate supervisor
in a timely fashion and document same in patient’s record appropriately.
6. Assist nurse with any procedures as directed.
7. Document patient interactions as appropriate; immediately reports any changes
in patient’s behavior, vital signs or other critical changes.
8. May be responsible for assisting with household duties: taking out trash,
changing bed linen, cooking, etc. as directed by the RN and documented on the
9. Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employee
information in compliance with HIPAA Rules. Maintain compliance with
applicable state and federal regulations, company policies/procedures and
10. Other duties as assigned by management.