• College degree
• Minimum 5 years operations/risk management/accounting/internal audit or other relevant financial institution experience
• Experience interacting with senior management
The Wealth Management Operations Compliance Supervisor will assist in the development and maintenance of the corporate compliance risk management program which oversees the functions performed within the following areas of Wealth Management Operations: Middle Office, LOB Support, Trust Management Reporting, and Trust Technology.
The program encompasses compliance with the laws and regulations that apply to the Private Wealth and Institutional Services LOB’s, in addition to ensuring adequate risk management controls in accordance with the organization's strategic objectives and regulatory consumer focus.
Reporting to the Private Wealth Management and Institutional Services Compliance Manager, this associate will conduct and document operational risk assessments regarding actual or potential control failures or exposures within Wealth Management Operations and provide guidance to first line of defense partners to ensure compliance and consumer focused trust practices, policies, and procedures.
• Development, design & implementation of tests and reviews to monitor functions within the designated areas of WMOPS to limit exposure to risk resulting from transaction processing, data integrity, and fraudulent activities;
• Create and maintain clear and transparent reporting related to the monitoring and testing
• Conduct targeted risk and control assessments of current and emerging operational risks to ensure that controls and practices are consistent with corporate operational risk expectations
• Review and evaluate risks and controls documented in Archer system
• Supervise junior associate providing compliance oversight of Wealth Management Operations
• Provide guidance and counsel to the first line of defense business partners to ensure compliance with consumer focused practices, policies and procedures
• Maintain proficient knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations and their impact on LOB operations; recommend revisions to documents, policies and procedures, as needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Thorough understanding of wealth management operations and transaction processing
• Ability to analyze facts and data
• Organizational skills and the ability to work independently; ability to multitask and to work with associates at all levels
• Demonstrated risk mitigation skills