ART DIRECTOR'S PURPOSE:
Leads the creative strategy, vision and execution of custom products across print and digital platforms using innovative and fresh thinking. Oversees the overall art direction for printed products produced for internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Conceptualizes skills across multiple media and messaging platforms – print, online, broadcast (radio and television), social media and outdoor based on close collaboration with sales reps, sales managers and strategists.
- Implements branding/re-branding strategies as part of the client creative directive that inspires and excites CSG staff and local and regional clients.
- Translates vision and client needs into compelling, executable creative/campaigns.
- Regular and effective copywriting to be used in client solutions.
- Superior presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external decision makers and influencers.
- Effectively utilize internal Gannett resources and effectively sources and manages outside creative resources across markets.
- Works cooperatively with other creative directors from other regions while staying abreast and being able to implement new technologies.
- Develops relationships with assigned accounts to identify advertising needs, understanding of branding/company imaging requirements and multi-platform solutions.
- Keeps current on technical procedures of print and online production internally, and design and consumer trends externally in order to effectively develop solutions for clients.
- Organizes and participates in brainstorming sessions to develop and collaborate in regard to creative ideas
REQUIRED SKILLS + ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years reative Design experience, preferably in a design firm, advertising agency, and/or marketing
- Both print and online design and production experience strongly preferred
- Ability to present/pitch creative solutions to clients
- Proficient technical skills including Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, MAC OSX, Adobe CS2, Ad Management System, Mosaic, Acrobat, Flash, Dreamweaver, InDesign
- Ability to understand and apply style/content differences between newspaper, magazine and online content to process ads appropriately for different products.
- Ability to process and produce multiple ads in a short time frame- resizing art/layout accordingly to specs
- Basic understanding of print production processes
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Mactive, Quark
- General email and PC skills
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett employees are hired, promoted and rewarded on the basis of talent, performance and dedication. We cannot afford to deprive the company of capable people and will not allow harassment or discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer