SmartSource is looking for a Traveling Field Technician for a 7+ month opportunity located in and around Chicago, IL.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 7+ months
Pay Rate: $22/hour
Role: We are in need of 2 Windows 7 Deployment Technicians for a 7+ month opportunity located in and around Chicago IL and will require heavy national travel. The Travel will be 75% or more with the Hours:/Days: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM For Phase 1 Thursday-Monday for Phase 2 When that phase begins. As a Windows 7 Deployment Field Technician, you will be a Field Resource for a Refresh Deployment involving the installation of a new operating system (win 7) on customer PCs at multiple customer locations; (both desktops and laptops). You will be required to travel extensively at various customer sites across the county, and will project a professional image at all times.
• Following detailed documented tasks and adhere to assigned schedule Desktop and laptop upgrades
• Maintain an open line of communication with both management and customers
• Perform a variety of pre-deployment, deployment, and post-deployment tasks of a technical nature including: asset verification, hardware upgrading/ assembly and installation, testing and operational checks, and interconnection of computer hardware systems and peripheral equipment.
• Documents, processes and procedures to accomplish task objectives including backup/restore of user’s data, initiating user’s network and wireless connections, migrating user’s e-mail, application and OS settings.
• Installs and configures standard software loads/images. Post image configuration.
• Must pass a drug and criminal background check before starting
• 2-3 years’ experience working in the IT Field
• Experience with Windows 7 requested.
• Solid Windows XP-Windows 7 Migration experience is required!
• Experience with Windows deployments a MAJOR plus
• Basic Windows and hardware skills. Pack, unpack equipment. Dispose of packing materials.
• Follow detailed instructions for imaging and support
• End user integration - must be comfortable in a direct support role
• Must have experience with Microsoft Outlook setup and usage.
• Experience with Dell / Lenovo Desktop and laptops
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 2-3 Solid background deploying new hardware related equipment such as Desktops and Laptops
• Must have a background imaging PC’s using such tools like Ghost
• Must be willing to travel nationally up to 75% of the time-NO EXCEPTIONS
• Have a credit card for incidentals of a limit of at least 1000 dollars. (All expenses will be reimbursed on each pay check)
• Must have a flexible schedule when it comes to days and travel NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Must have excellent customer service background.
To be considered, please send an updated Word resume to Amanda: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]