Senior Staff Auditor - Financial Services - Dallas, TX (Full Time or Seasonal Options)ID:
Audit - Financial Services
Regular Full-TimeMore information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
For this specific opportunity, we are seeking talented professionals for full-time or seasonal work arrangement options. You can work on all aspects of engagements, participate in continuing education and continue to get the necessary on-the-job training to grow professionally. Seasonal work arrangement can be tailored to match the demands of client service with the desire you may have for a lower total overall work schedule.
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.Position Summary:
Crowe Horwath is seeking a dynamic Senior Staff Auditor for our Financial Services team to join in our fast growing Dallas office. Senior Staff Auditor will have an opportunity to work on a variety of clients across industries.
As part of the audit team, the Senior Staff Auditor will be responsible for:
- Running client engagements from start to finish. This includes all aspects of financial statement preparation, internal staffing of engagements, project scheduling and budgeting, planning of the engagement and related administrative functions
- Supervising, training, and mentoring staff and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; performing in-charge role
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services
- Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information.
- Pro-actively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- In addition, this individual would assist on bank related merger and acquisition projects.
- As part of the groups short and longer term growth objectives, this individual would also have opportunities to focus on recruiting, new client development, and assist with educational programs.Qualifications:
This opportunity is open for candidates interested in Full-time or seasonal work arrangement options.
- 3 plus year of experience in external audits (public accounting experience)
- Experience in Financial Institutions or financial services external audit of both public and private companies or Financial Institutions regulatory experience
- Experience with engagement management, audit and review skills and staff supervision are required
- Candidate will need to be able to multi task as planning, executing and wrapping up various engagements may have to be performed concurrently.
- Ability to perform research on technical matters prior to submitting for manager review is essential.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Candidate must meet 150 hour requirement for CPA eligibility in Texams; CPA license in Texas preferred
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.