With A Career At EmCare You Can Make A Difference!
EmCare is a leading provider of physician services for emergency departments, inpatient physician services, inpatient radiology management programs and anesthesiology services. Founded in 1972, EmCare has more than 500 exclusive contracts with client hospitals in nearly 40 states. EmCare’s success is based on its commitment to quality physician leadership backed with comprehensive support programs that allow physicians to focus on patients and quality clinical medicine.
At EmCare we believe our team members are our strongest asset. Our ability to keep our company growing depends on the continued professional development of our world-class workforce.
EmCare is seeking physician executives for the South Division of EmCare. Based out of the South East Region, the Executive Vice President (EVP) position is responsible for the overall account management and profitability of several hospital customers, client retention and price adjustment of divisional contracts.
Responsible for oversight of P&L for assigned contracts, including serving as the overall account manager to several hospital customers. Assists Business Development in the sales process. Prioritizes and directs the implementation of key strategic initiatives within the regional operations center and at client sites.
This position directly supervises multiple managers and regional directors in support of regional improvement activities, including the Client Administrators and Directors of Clinical Services in the region. Additionally, the EVP will be available to provide marketing assistance as deemed necessary by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for oversight of service delivery within the region by working with the Regional Management Team. Monitors monthly financial performance of all assigned clients in the region. Develops and implements action plans. Identifies and coordinates administrative support services to customer hospitals in areas such as pre-accreditation surveys, reimbursement services, public relations programs, and emergency department marketing.
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical plans which strive to enhance product and service delivery to clients; ultimately improving profitability.
- Accountable for profitability of specific hospital/system contracts with the region, client retention and price increases of regional contracts.
- Serves as an account manager to key hospital customers within the region, including determining the level of customer satisfaction, the renegotiating of contracts and the upgrading of services.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with the Medical Directors, emergency physicians, medical staff, hospital administration, and hospital departments/services.
- Assists the Division Director of Business Development as necessary; direct responsibility for review and approval of pro-forma and new business.
- Approves all physician and client contracts prior to execution.
- Develops and execute service plans.
- Coordinates service team at client sites; working collaboratively with DMD, DCEO, and Senior hospital leaders
- Develops, plans, and implements strategies that will better deliver, direct, and support contracted services at client hospitals
- Serves as liaison between physicians, key hospital leaders, and EmCare in coordination of client services
- Development of consistently-delivered best practices at client site emergency departments
- Personally serve as account manager at certain strategically important client sites fulfilling DCS/DDO/DCA level responsibilities as needed.
- Assisting in developing a schedule of in-service education programs for all EmCare affiliated emergency physicians and participating in these programs as appropriate.
- Development of value-added strategies to enhance client performance on operational metrics, thus improving EmCare longevity and profitability at existing contracts.
- Implementation of Studer group rollout at region level
- Assists the VP of Business Development as necessary in the development and review of best-practices and value-added services
- Provide input , training and support of educational offerings and annual conferences
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing as needed, in a timely manner, documentation of any and all incidents which could lead to litigation; including, but not limited to, patient an/or attending medical staff dissatisfaction; and providing follow up as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in monthly departmental meetings, as appropriate.
- Assists the Administrator of the hospitals in appropriate matters.
- Assists in development of materials for use by Medical Directors.
- Assists Division Medical Directors to ensure that their department meets its defined objectives for improvement, growth, and expansion of services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Medical Degree required, Professional Degree preferred
• 7-10 years of healthcare leadership experience to include physician relations, quality improvement, P and L responsibility at the department or region level, and customer service
Knowledge and Skills:
• In-depth understanding of healthcare operations and evolving trends
• Ability to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
• Proven track record of meeting deadlines and functioning in a fast-paced, complex environment
• Previous experience as a consultant
• Previous clinical experience in a hospitalist setting
EmCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to serving and supporting physicians, hospitals and other healthcare clients in providing high quality patient care.