Sr. Business Intelligence Business Analyst – Clickstream
Data is important to us. It’s what we do. We process terabytes of data every day, and transform that data into information that powers decisions for millions of real estate offices across the country. We need to get it right, and we need to extract increasing value from the data we collect. We combine real estate property data with active listing data and track consumer behavior on our sites. Through this combination, we can discover trends no one else can.
We seek a senior business intelligence business analyst who will be responsible for driving and delivering key business intelligence initiatives of Move’s online business (web and mobile). This BI BA will develop a deep understanding of the Move’s online business processes and act as subject matter expert within the BI team for one or more business functions. The BI BA will collaborate and work very closely with the BI and website and mobile development teams in tagging, data collection and designing robust and scalable BI and Analytics solution to meet the decision-making needs. The individual will act as a bridge between the business community and technical team members at Move.
Develop a strong understanding of Move’s websites, mobile apps, and products, and the business processes and products that support our online business. Serve as SME of that knowledge for rest of BI team.
- Define and coordinate tags, tracking parameter implementations for all of Move’s sites and mobile apps.
- Analyze data and reporting business requirements, explore and evaluate various options, develop prototype using reporting and dashboard tools upfront in the project life cycle thereby validating the requirements, eliminating ambiguity and providing early visibility to business on the final solution
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in helping driving the data strategy across multiple “listening posts” (website and apps, surveys, testing, CRM systems, market research etc).
- Documentation relating to existing processes and suggestions / presentations for improving those processes.
- Effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders.
- Translate the requirements to functional specifications document, develop and own requirements traceability matrix.
- Design and drive User Acceptance testing, train super users and power users on usage of the tool and the solution and gather user sign off
- Support the business ad hoc data requests through either SQL query or quick report or dashboard.
- Manage requirements volatility, integrity and continuity via change management and reprioritization
- Use structured and disciplined approaches to solving technical and business problems.
- Assist the BI management team and program manager in identifying and managing project issues, risks, and scope creep.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a business intelligence business analyst role in an online ecommerce or online business environment
- 3-5 years of experience in defining website tracking and tagging, either with homegrown or marketplace tag management tools (Google Tag Manager, Tealium, BrightTag, etc)
- 3-5 years working in a BI or Analytics organization with a thorough understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile/Waterfall), etc.
- 3-5 years experience writing and tuning SQL queries and building reports/dashboards with Tableau or MicroStrategy.
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouse methodology, dimensional modeling including Ralph Kimball’s methodology
- Strong understanding of business processes and prior experience of implementing BI Solutions for clickstream data supporting Product, Marketing, and Sales business functions
- Highly Proficient in documenting use cases, requirements and functional specifications , with ability to quickly translate requirements to prototype and get business buy-in
- Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, MS Project, Excel and Visio and other tools that facilitate the requirements gathering and design phases of the SDLC.
- Mid-level expertise in the SEM (Search Engine Marketing) / PPC (Pay Per Click) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies and a minimum one year experience measure success of SEM/PPC and SEO campaigns / efforts preferred.
- Mid-level expertise in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research preferred.
- Experience with Omniture and Google Analytic, A/B tools such as Optimizely, Test and Target, or Google Website Optimizer preferred.
- Passionate about solving business problems, Innovative, creative and an outside-the-box mindset
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with strong leadership and presence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.