LAST UPDATED: Oct 28, 2014
Description: Advantage is currently hiring a qualified Manual & CNC Machinist for several of our clients. These are temporary and temp-to-perm positions and our clients are looking for immediate hire.
• Makes all set-ups on tooling and machine.
• Able to run all machines in the shop efficiently.
• Must understand materials, cutting tools, speeds and deeds, coolant requirements and machining techniques.
• Uses shop math through trigonometry.
• Machines parts one at a time, but with production techniques.
• Machines from prints and can make from samples.
• Re-machine parts to repair them and still maintain critical dimensions.
• Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her.
• Maintains excellent housekeeping standards.
Requirements: The successful applicant will possess the following requirements (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Flexible work schedule (able to work all hours)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
• Licensed Journeyperson
• 8 years minimum machining experience
• Knowledge/Experience in the following equipment:
• Horizontal Lathe
• Vertical turret lathe
• Bridgeport type milling machine
• Horizontal boring mill
• Overhead crane
(Salary Depends on Experience)
• CNC Machines Grade