Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 26,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #17 in Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014 and marking our fifth straight year in the list's Top 50, we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Financial Planning, Data & Infrastructure Executive for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Sr. Financial Officer will be responsible for Bank-wide profitability reporting, planning and stress testing, including the data and infrastructure that is used to fulfill these responsibilities. This position will be responsible for leading the reporting, planning and stress testing needs for the total bank, each product line and supporting, back-office functions. This executive will fulfill month-end, planning and stress testing requirements, will maintain Bank Finance data, tools and infrastructure and will lead the ongoing development of these activities with a value based, progressive approach. This individual will interact with various Bank and Enterprise executives and functional teams, including Business Lines, CFO, Risk Management, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Legal and Compliance.
- Coordinates and develops strategic and operational financial plans for the planning and profitability that significantly contribute to the financial strength and mission of USAA.
- Identifies analytical tools in support of the bank's planning, reporting and decisions.
- Manages financial planning, data and infrastructure reporting for high quality financial products that span all Bank product lines and the consolidated business.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting results of operations to senior leadership. Makes recommendations on expense control to ensure achievement of financial performance and product goals.
- Reviews analytical tools in support of the firm's planning, reporting and decision.
- Establishes review and control processes (including internal audits) to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Ensures the business environment is regularly monitored and issues and concerns are communicated to leadership in a timely manner to enable prudent decision making.
- Effectively balances enterprise and business advocacy to ensure customers have clear line of sight in to how they impact the enterprise. Partners cross-functionally within USAA in a manner that engenders mutual respect and consideration for the other party's point of view.
- Manages costs associated with all intercompany charges to and from other USAA Companies and/or USAA Staff Agencies.
- Plans and supervises the education and training of teams to ensure proper alignment of skill sets and adequate backup capability.
- Builds strong internal customer relationships with executives and senior leadership, acting as an internal consultant to define and achieve strategic and operational financial objectives.
- Directly manages a team and sets the agenda, builds high-performing teams and sells the vision. Ensures training and coaching of employees, mentors and develops analysts, and provides the team with development opportunities.