Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This role is the Account Manager for Costco, a Bridgestone Americas’ customer.
The National Costco Account/Category Manager will interact with Costco representatives for the purposes of maintaining an on-going business relationship, optimize tire unit sales volume and support profitability. This position will be involved in developing both long term strategies and annual business & sales planning to support the company objectives for the Costco account.
• Design, develop, and implement business & sales plans to achieve account objectives
• Manage promotional expense budget to support category sales plan
• Coordinate and manage annual and monthly category forecasting process
• Direct daily customer support functions and problem solving activities for Costco account
• Collaboration with cross-functional teams will be required to achieve goals for this position
• Vendor Management, Pricing, Marketing, Planning and Inventory Control
• Direct Sales
• Manage merchandising opportunities
• In-depth product knowledge
• Inventory management
• Marketing and promotions of product categories in order to make them as visible, accessible, and appealing to customers as possible
• Increasing the volume of products that are sold within the category, and improving the speed of inventory turnover within the category
• Working knowledge of the products, consumer needs, buying practices, sales goals and retail environment related to the merchandise category
Additional responsibilities required but are not limited to:
• Effective planning and forecasting in order to maximize the profitability of inventory flow
• Balancing projected forecasts and actual sales
• Strategic project planning and execution
• Trend analysis
• Financial analysis
• Problem solving
• Contract negotiations