Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the world’s leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) providers that offers complete design, engineering, and manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive, computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure, medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design, build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
Flextronics, CTO office is seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our team with the responsibility for driving design and development for our Innovation Labs projects. In this position you will support small start-up companies, large companies, market specific projects, and internal innovation projects. As a member of the engineering team this individual will take a key role in understanding the individual product requirements and proposing design solutions and helping customers, architect, develop, implement and bring to market key and ground breaking new hardware design solutions.
This is a senior leadership role focused on PCB design, PCB manufacturing process, and applications of PCB. Inside every one of the products being designed in the Innovation Labs are some of the world's most challenging and flexible PCB designs. The candidate will be a select member of the team that brings these assemblies from concept to high volume manufacturing. This includes requirements analysis, materials selection, design reviews, cost estimation, SI analysis and manufacturing process review, all from a PCB design point-of-view. Candidate will focus on design-for-cost and other DFx disciplines applied to PCBs; rapid resolution of technical challenges; identifying and closing gaps in PCB costs; progression through the NPI process and successful transition of production to a Flextronics factory setting.
• Lead technical aspects of PCB design for products. This includes rigid PCB, flexible PCB, and other variants of PCB technologies such as metal-core PCBs.
• Must stay current with PCB materials choices and fabrication techniques.
• Understand product requirements as they translate to PCBs and assess the cost impact and manufacturing impact of PCBs on products.
• Develop and maintain PCB design procedures and checklists to ensure PCB DFM, SI, and cost containment.
• Analyze SI requirements of products and suggest appropriate PCB technologies to get adequate SI performance from PCBs.
• Support ECAD librarians and PCB layout designers by providing appropriate PCB material and stack up choices
• Verify quick turn PCB vendor technical and quality capabilities
• Develop appropriate PCB stack ups and review stack ups with PCB fabrication plants.
• Develop and maintain PCB process parameters and procedures as guidelines for PCB fabrication plants
• Ensure proper use of approved materials for PCB in EVT, DVT, and PVT at PCB plants
• Verify volume PCB Vendor technical and quality capabilities
• Support product failure analysis efforts from a PCB standpoint – to help assess if a failure’s root cause is the PCB.