New Jersey Press Media/Daily Record, a Gannett Company, is a dynamic media organization and the leader in delivering engaging news, information and entertainment in New Jersey. In addition to our multiple publications, we also have a growing array of digital products and industry- leading national sites such as Cars.com, CareerBuilder.com and YAHOO!
We are seeking an innovative sales person to fill the position of Automotive Multimedia Account Executive . This person will sell multi-media advertising solutions to the automotive dealerships and clients in the region that make decisions locally. Primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated territory or account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within existing client base. This is an outside sales position.
- Identifies and qualifies customers that have revenue opportunities. Develops and delivers advertising ideas/solutions that grow market share and ROI to customers.
- Develops an understanding of the customers individual business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals. Develops an understanding of account base and related industries.
- Meets or exceeds revenue expectations. Maintains and grows account base. Develops and delivers ideas/solutions to grow market share within an existing customer base. Delivers and obtains long term commitments and campaigns.
- Maintains an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal. Develops and works a pipeline of potential customers’ growth within existing base; produces accurate forecasts.
- Sells print and digital business offerings and demonstrates an understanding of these products and is able to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- Partners with Account Manager(s) on day-to-day activities within account base. Works with all internal departments and vertical specialists. Works with Digital Specialist to identify and communicate opportunities as it relates to new business and existing accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of related sales experience is required. Advertising experience in the Automotive segment is strongly preferred.
- Documented record of meeting or exceeding activity and revenue goals
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment
- Strong understanding of customer-focused selling and ability to communicate its importance
- An inherent understanding of competitive media
- Strategic thinker with strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM technology, Salesforce.com preferred
Gannett employees are hired, promoted and rewarded on the basis of talent, performance and dedication. We cannot afford to deprive the company of capable people and will not allow harassment or discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer