Security Officer Description: Under direct supervision, patrols assigned area to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Will be providing escorts. Controls and monitors access ingress and egress out of assigned site and monitors burglar and fire alarm systems as required.
- Patrols assigned area on foot or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Utilizes advanced electronic point inspection system during assigned patrols to ensure security of facility.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Provides escort services as necessary.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or call box lights to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports and notifications to off site security director.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to walk, climb stairs, and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to submit to background procedures including drug screen and background check
We offer: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, Vacation, Holiday, and Employee Recognition and Much More!
We hire the BEST employees……..
View our website at https://ussa12.applicantstack.com/x/openings
U.S. Security Associates, Inc.