JOB TITLE: Call Center Agent
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Access (Call Center) Manager
Core Values of HealthSource of Ohio (HSO):
Our values guide us in making day to day moral decisions and resolving ethical dilemmas, and defining the character of HealthSource of Ohio. HSO employees are committed to using a team based approach to ensure the delivery of high quality of care. Working with other members of the administrative and care teams in making patients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; shows interest in understanding the needs and expectations of internal and external customers; gains patient trust and respect; meets or exceeds patient’s expectations. Core values of Patient Centered Medical Home: timely scheduling, answering calls, refills and referrals; respect; compassion, quality improvement and ensuring trust and patient satisfaction.
JOB SUMMARY: Familiar with HealthSource of Ohio Center protocols, policies, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish HSO service and access goals. Responsible for professionally responding to all clinical, administrative or access inquiries. Emphasis will be to facilitate optimal patient access and maximize accuracy of data entry for scheduling and clinical messaging. Must be highly focused on customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promptly answers, screens, and processes medical service requests and telephone inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality agreements and policies and procedures.
2. Facilitate optimal patient access and maximize accuracy of data entry for scheduling and clinical messaging.
3. Meets outlined HealthSource of Ohio benchmarks and/or quality indicators as monitored through dashboards, audits or other quality reporting tools.
4. Ability to speak clearly in order to communicate effectively between patient and provider, provide pre-visit instructions/directions, and relay provider instructions.
5. Enhances HSO’s reputation by fostering ownership and personal responsibility for exceeding patient service expectations.
6. Responsible for professionally responding to all inquiries from callers as they relate to health services HSO provides.
7. Promotes sense of pride in call center and positive interpersonal relations among all team members.
8. Supports organizational changes. Demonstrates flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the call center via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances.
9. Participates in improving Call Center performance. Support projects to improve the scheduling standards, protocols, and fiscal operations based on current organizational priorities.
10. Recommends areas or approaches for improvement activities and accuracy of both scheduling and clinical messaging functions.
11. Other duties as assigned