The hospital and clinic were founded in 1931 in Bryan, Texas. In 1987, Humana relocated the hospital from Bryan to its current location in 1997 and in 1998 the facility was renamed College Station Medical Center and referred to in the community as The Med. Through the years, The Med has established itself as a stable community hospital with an excellent reputation for quality care. The Med has continually worked to raise the level of healthcare in the Brazos Valley and introduced cardiology services in the late 1980's. A decade later, the hospital began to focus on new technologies and built primary and specialty care offices on its campus. The Med provides a full array of medical services that include cardiac, pediatrics, obstetrics, general and specialty surgery, cancer treatment, inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient physicial therapy. In addition, a dialysis center is located on the campus.