Skip to Content
Sign in to find your next job.
Employer Sign In
Employer Quick Look
The News-Messenger Media (Fremont, OH)
– News-Messenger Media offers many solutions to clients when it comes to digital advertising. This includes: Run Of Site (ROS) ads, targeted ads based on Zip, Age and Gender (ZAG) and rich media ads that are part of the umbrella page of the site. In addition, News-Messenger Media offers Cars.com, Apartments.com and Homefinder.com packages.
2011 Avg. Monthly Page Views: 1,606,242
2011 Avg. Monthly Unique Visitors: 119,441
– News-Messenger Media offers customers the opportunity to purchase mobile advertisements with a short three month commitment.
Avg. Monthly Mobile Impressions: 23,007
– News-Messenger Media offers retail display ads, classified display ads, classified liner ads, adscapes, front page sticky notes and colored inserts.
The News-Messenger : Daily
2011 Daily Circulation: 6,548; Readership: 12,572
Genoa Elmore Today : Free
In addition to our regular print products, News-Messenger Media has a shopper publication called Community Outlook. This is a free distribution paper that goes to households that do not subscribe to the paper in Sandusky County. This piece is distributed with many big box retailer pre-prints like Kroger and Wal-Mart
Community Outlook: Free
2011 Distribution: 27,299
The News-Messenger traces its roots to 1856, and is one of the oldest business enterprises in Sandusky County. The Fremont Messenger was founded in 1856, and sold to F.J. Daubel at bankruptcy sale in 1925. The Fremont News was founded in 1887. The city of Fremont had two daily newspapers until 1938, when Daubel bought out the News and merged the two into today’s News-Messenger. The combined papers were fi rst published on Monday, Oct. 3, 1938. In 1969 the Port Clinton News Herald was acquired. Both papers were run as part of a family business until 1975, when they were sold to Gannett. The News-Messenger is the only daily newspaper headquartered in Sandusky County. It serves its home city of Fremont, all of Sandusky County and parts of adjacent counties.
Health & Insurance
• Medical Coverage • Dental Coverage • Vision Coverage • Company provided Disability Coverage • Company provided Life Insurance • Optional Life Insurance • Optional Accident Insurance • Flexible Spending Account • Discount Fitness Programs available for some sites
• 401(k) Savings Plan • Stock Purchase Plan • Savings Bonds Purchase Plan
• Vacation • Flexible Work Options • Adoption Assistance • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Subscription Discounts • Employee Mortgage Program through Wells Fargo • Gannett Matching Program for charitable contributions
Training & Development
• Tuition Reimbursement Program • Consern Education Loan Program (Wells Fargo) • Online & Classroom Training Programs • Educational Seminars • Madelyn P. Jennings Scholarship Awards This is general information regarding certain benefit plans offered by MNCO. The benefits outlined here are available only to eligible employees, as defined by the plans. The language used here is not intended to create, nor is it to be construed to create, a contract between MNCO and any one of its employees or former employees. In the event that the information on this page conflicts with or is inconsistent with the provisions of the plan documents, the provisions of the applicable plan and/or any related insurance contract are controlling and will govern. Enrollment in MNCO’s benefit plans is subject to all limitations of the plans, including any pre-existing condition exclusions, elimination periods, at-work requirements, and hourly eligibility requirements. MNCO reserves the right to change, suspend, withdraw, modify, or terminate these plans in whole or in part at any time.
Gannett is a media and marketing solutions company with a diverse portfolio of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing companies. The company provides consumers easy access to the things that matter most to them – any way and anywhere.
As Gannett builds on its valuable local brands and strong journalism, it also is expanding its mobile and digital businesses. It is a digital leader with a portfolio that includes a network of hundreds of local and national media organization web sites that reach 52 million unique users monthly; CareerBuilder.com, the nation’s top employment site which is expanding rapidly internationally and is already in 18 countries outside the U.S.; and Gannett Digital Media Network, which includes top brands such as USATODAY.com, 81 local MomsLikeMe.com sites; HighSchoolSports.net, a top digital sports brand; and action sports network BNQT.
USA TODAY, too, continues to be a leader in the mobile space, with more than 7 million total app downloads, including its iPad, iPhone and Android apps. Gannett Broadcasting is helping to lead the development of Digital Mobile TV.
At the same time, the company’s digital marketing companies offer innovative marketing solutions for any audience. PointRoll, an industry leader in rich media advertising solutions and technology, powers more than 50 percent of all rich media campaigns online and serves more than 150 billion ad impressions each year. ShopLocal is a leading provider of online marketing solutions that connect retailers with shoppers through innovative and effective marketing, enabling more than 100 of the nation’s top retailers to deliver localized promotions directly to shoppers.
The company’s 82 U.S. daily newspapers, including USA TODAY, reach 11.6 million readers every weekday and 12 million readers every Sunday, providing important news and information from their customers’ neighborhoods and around the globe. USA TODAY, the nation's No. 1 newspaper in print circulation, and USATODAY.com reach a combined 5.9 million readers daily.
The Broadcasting Division’s 23 TV stations reach 21 million households, covering 18.2 percent of the U.S. population. Through its Captivate subsidiary, the Broadcasting Division delivers news, information and advertising to a highly desirable audience demographic on 9,500 video screens located in elevators of office towers and select hotel lobbies in 25 major cities across North America.
To learn more about Gannett, please visit the corporate website at: www.Gannett.com
MNCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize and appreciate the benefits of diversity in the workplace. People who share this belief or reflect a diverse background are encouraged to apply.
MNCO was recognized with Gannett’s top leadership and diversity award in 2010.
at The News-Messenger Media (Fremont, OH)
No Jobs Found.
Camden Publications (Camden, MI)
Coshocton Tribune (Coshocton, OH)
Eagle - Gazette Media (Lancaster, OH)
Marion Star Media (Marion, OH)
Newark Advocate Media (Newark, OH)
News Herald Media (Port Clinton, OH)
News Journal Media (Mansfield, OH)
Telegraph – Forum Media (Bucyrus, OH)
Times Recorder Media (Zanesville, OH)