At Kum & Go, we are striving to become the #1 convenience retailer in the U.S. by 2021. We’re excited about this effort and serious about achieving it. One way that we are progressing toward this part of the Kum & Go Vision is by truly embracing our culture and the elements that comprise it.
Our culture is driven by five core values:
- Passion – “We love what we do, and it shows in our work.”
- Integrity – “We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.”
- Teamwork – We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.”
- Caring – “We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families and communities.”
- Excellence – “We expect and deliver superior performance.”
Our associates are the embodiment of these core values and have the opportunity to actively live these values every day on the job. That’s what makes working at Kum & Go such a great experience and important part of our associates’ careers.
If you’re interested, here are a few facts about Kum & Go:
- We have maintained 50+ years of dedicated community commitment, each year sharing 10% of our profits with charitable and educational causes;
- Kum & Go is the fifth largest privately held, company-operated convenience store chain in the United States;
- Our family-owned company began in 1959, in Hampton, Iowa;
- Kum & Go has grown to more than 400 convenience stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Wyoming); and
- Thanks to the efforts of our more than 4,000 associates, Kum & Go convenience stores continue to lead the industry in customer service and convenience.