The Silvi Group Companies is a family owned business that was founded in 1948 by Larry Silvi Sr. A grocer by trade, he accepted possession of a run down block plant to satisfy a debt. Shortly thereafter, William J Levitt began to construct one of his large and affordable communities next to Mr. Silvi’s block plant. Larry Sr. struck a deal to supply the project and was off to the races.Thirty five years later, his sons John and Larry, took the reins of the company and helped transform it into the powerhouse it is today. The Silvi’s strategy is to build large central mix plants close enough to one another so that they compliment each other. The plant located next to their corporate headquarters in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania runs up to forty trucks and can produce over 250 yards per hour. With the help of another plant of the same magnitude in the area, Silvi Concrete delivered over 2700 yards of concrete for a warehouse floor in just over five hours. It is not unusual for them to have a 1000+ yard pour going on any given day.